Welcome to the fold...

v8bertha

Well, as the Camel is still in the US of A :( , Bertha is progressively becoming lighter thanks to tin worm :huh: and Jen's series is now just a pile of bits in the corner of an ever more filled garage, I decided to go out and get myself a sensible car. :o

Sensible in my book means reliable, economical, easy to drive etc etc. I looked at 306's, golfs, passats and A4's but despite there being an abundance of them knockin about, they just didn't get the juices flowing if ya know what I mean ;)

So I blew the initial budget of £1k and got a really nice tidy 99 Freebie in that luuuurvly mauve colour instead for £2300 :)

Got it home last night and started playing with switches... always a bad idea in a Landy! :lol: After some horrible plastic gear crunching noises I managed to get the sunroof nearly open. Would it go down again? like smeg it would! :rolleyes:

Never mind... tools in hand and with the help of a mate we dismantled the sunroof and finally got it to shut.

Welcome to the world of Freebie ownership eh! :lol:

So... where is the best place to get new sunroof mechanismy bits?

Drive mech that fits either side of the roof

if one side £80-90 if both double it

roof lining out glass from roof out new mech in refit

1/2 a day on your own taking care

another great design feature

LOL... I think I'll just rivet a bit of chequer plate over it in true Landy style B)

Didn't I tell you to check all the switches before you buy that way its cheaper when somthing brakes.

Also If it isn't brok don't fix it What were you doing opening the sun roof in December anyway :lol:

You said you would phone me before you bought it

Didn't I tell you to check all the switches before you buy that way its cheaper when somthing brakes.

Also If it isn't brok don't fix it What were you doing opening the sun roof in December anyway :lol:

You said you would phone me before you bought it

LOL... But its part of the ritual isn't it... you get a new toy, you play with it :D

I was gonna phone you, but it was just soooooo nice and purple B) :rolleyes:

But thanks for the advice Jules... everything else works... it drives nice... and did I mention that it is purple :lol:

Pic's needed, Vic will love you if its purple and are you bringing on Thursday

Well, you know me, I like to have the odd beer so nornmally get a lift... But as you asked so nicely ;)

I'll ask my chauffeur if he minds driving the Freebie, instead of his Tomcat!! :huh::lol:

Oh dear oh dear! This will not do! I suppose it will have fluffy dice soon

Nah, but I do have a tiny little mirror ball that will go nicely B)

(took it down the side of the Concorde Club - a little greenlaning last night, it's very cool!)