where to get a recon exchange turbo tomorrow?!

discojmz

desperation has set in, kirton at the weekend, was going to be going with some mates as a bit of a 21st birthday treat/outing (2nd january). I've had a problem with the disco squealing under load for a while and now when the turbo spools up it makes a wonderful grating sound so im assuming it's had it!?

in order to have any chance of making it to the last play day of the year, I need to find somewhere with recon T25s on the shelf for exchange, and tomorrow, saturday at the very very latest.

oh yeah, and within sensible driving distance of s****horpe area.

thanks guys, save my birthday eh :) christmas was already a bit of a writeoff

Jim

cheers guys

rimmers are ridiculously expensive, roughly 100 quid more for a new turbo than paddocks for example, and up to 3x the price

amazon, may be a winner, i will contact them tomorrow, would be a second hand unit rather than recon, but may do the job

this other one you speak of sound good too tony, also sounds very good. i suppose i could get one reconned as a spare depending on price

do the symptoms i mention sound like a knackered turbo bearing, the squeal under load lower in rev range, very harsh loud whooshing/almost metal on metal sound at high revs?

jim

Hi Jim

from memory it was about the same price as paddocks was at the time, er about £370 ish possibly? IIRC it was about £15 more expensive than paddocks but they do have a 2 year warranty on them.

Best thing to do is give them a ring as they are a bit 'old school' and dont seem to like the internet :)

number is 01924 404112

Mike