removing starter motor 200tdi

as Chris says drop the downpipe and that will make life alot easier. 3 bolts/nuts holding it on. mine packed up the week after my fingers jumped in a mower, now that wasn't fun trying to change it with one hand!!!

have you checked the earth leads - were the refitted after taking the boxes out etc?

only had a quick peek as just had a baby new years day so been a bit busy lol, but couldnt see the earths. are they hidden behind something.

the problem started just before i done the boxes so wasnt that, but i got well stuck in very deep mud a week before and it started soon after that as did the transfer box problems..

but i got well stuck in very deep mud a week before and it started soon after that as did the transfer box problems..

i suffered from the same - when i did get it out and recon'd i was told it was full of muck. we're you using a wading plug on the bell housing? i wasn't which apparently contributed to the ingress of muck. i needed new solenoid and new clutch drive assembly as it wouldn't engage with the flywheel.

yes... tricky things to get at :angry: , some of the nuts i found best to approach from below so you may want to consider that.

I'm a 2.5TD but guessing pretty similar.... the earth is marked as #7 in the pic below. this pic is with the manifold removed however so yes it is pretty much behind that....

good luck.

Funnily enough I have just removed mine...

One one wire on a spade terminal to remove, one 13 mm nut to undo to get the live wires off... tricky to get at... and then

one 17mm nut on a stud (bottom middle ish), one 17 mm nut and bolt (top right ish when viewed from the front) ,and one 13mm bolt (top left when viewed from the front)- absolute pain in the @rse to get to...

I already had the exhaust down pipe off, the floor out and the transmission tunnel out as I am doing the rear main seal... and it was still a pig of a job. I also had to unclip the air box to get the damn thing out as it will not fit between the engine and chassis rail... Not a happy bunny :angry: !