Help, Clutch

i finnished my 300tdi conversion today, fired it up great, ran fine, tried to move it and the clutch pedal goes streight to the floor no effort. it's not disengaging, what have or haven't i done? i did replace the clutch and release bearing. please tell me i don't have to take it all apart again?

any help muchly appreciated

Thanks

i put a brake pipe clamp on the flex and it went rock solid so master cylinder is ok. the thing is i didn't change the slave cyl and it was fine when i started which makes me think it's something i've done, i take it there's no adjustment? could i have let something fall out without noticing? i just cant understand it, i didnt change anything on the gearbox end except the release bearing and thats was just one off one on.

i wouldn't have this trouble if i'd put the auto in! :angry::wacko:

pop the slave out and see how far the pushrod goes into the bellhousing iirc it should be just protruding when in contact with the clutch, if it goes in much further you have release arm issues .....or the petrol flywheel may not be thick enough, should work though as you used the petrol flywheel hsg too. while its off you can check for leaks/ clamp the piston to check for air in the system . Is the bleed nipple at the top?

cheers

Steveb

i've given up for today, i'll take the slave off tomorrow and see what's up, i reckon if i just disconnect the hoses i can move the engine forward enough to see whats going on, it's sssssooooo deflating as i've been working night shifts and then coming home at 6am, sleeping 2hrs then down the workshop to sort the landy out. as so excited when it fired up at the prospect of being able to get some sleep again! oh well it'll all be worth it when it's done.

Steve, bures is looking doubtfull :(

Horray, it works!! i drove it home today!!!

i got down the workshop this morning and i thought i'd start by bleeding the slave cylinder as that was the easiest option and it worked, i don't quite know how but the system somehow got some air in it?????