8274 - covers

JST

The flip side is that once it all gets wet underneath the cover (like if you splash through a bit of deep water) it will take a lot longer to ever dry out if covered up whereas if out in the open, it will dry off relatively quickly.

Swings and roundabouts IMHO

On plasma/UV, I'm living under the ozone hole so I'll find out in due course if there are any problems on that score. The Dyneema is supposed to have a "UV proof" coating - we'll see!

The flip side is that once it all gets wet underneath the cover (like if you splash through a bit of deep water) it will take a lot longer to ever dry out if covered up whereas if out in the open, it will dry off relatively quickly.

Bwahahahahaha, not in the UK..... :D

After a run, hose it down and let it dry, retension the rope, THEN put the cover on.......

The cover obviously comes off at the beginning of a run.

Not convinced you'll gain much by it. If you use it regularly, the brake won't seize up and I doubt there is enough sun in the UK to worry the rope.

The rope will die through abrasion long before the UV gets it IMO.

Si

Not convinced you'll gain much by it. If you use it regularly, the brake won't seize up and I doubt there is enough sun in the UK to worry the rope.

If your out winching every week sure, but the average Joe does not winch very often. Most winches sit around for the ocassional use and all of those 8274 have brakes that are siezed open.

I think a few dollars for some vinyl isn't going to break the bank.

winch is used 1 once a month min at an event may be two events a month.

my main thinking was for the rope protection, Si + Tony i think you are right i will wear it out long before UV plays a sig role.

ditto the moisture thing is a good point.

Out of interest i did seal the solenoid box on the xd9000i before the last event, i didnt help, mud out but mositure in!