Headlights

There are some chrome rings round my headlights on my 2000 defender which have been replaced twice due to rusting. When they go rusty staining occurs below them on the black plastic surrounds. These chrome rings are due for replacing again but additionally one of the headlights is cracked presumably due to a stone impact off the road.

I thought I might take the opportunity to replace both headlights with a different arrangement providing it includes the removal of the chrome rings.

I am not aware of an alternate system.

Suggestions please.

MINESAPINT

I just replaced the headlamp buckets and brackets with new plastic and crome replacement parts from John Cradock. The old ones on my landrover were the original 1985 parts and I only had to replace them becuase I was too lazy to take all 3 screws out every time I changed the bulbs and lamps so the bottom flange on the chrome ring broke with metal fatigue. There were plenty of small marks from stone chips on the chrome and they had far from lost their original shine but there wasnt a single sign of rust or streaks.

Are you saying that now I replaced them with what I thought was a better part is now going to be an anual change becuase they are bad quality? If thats the case I think I will takethem out, strip them and have them coated with somthing a bit better to last the years.