Albright Solenoid, but is it?

A couple of months back, I bought what was advertised as an 'Allbright Solenoid' from a reputable company on fleabay, as it was slightly cheaper than the likes of gigglepin etc... It has been fitted on the truck but not used as I have still not fitted my [new] winch..

At the weekend, I compared it to a friends solenoid (which is an 'Allbright Solenoid', it has the allbright stickers etc), and was suprised to discover that although it is more or less identical in every way, it is in fact a copy...

I searched around a bit and found out that it was in fact an EP solenioid (Allbright copy), as used by Superwinch..

My question is this: Are these solenoids as good (reliable etc) as the allbrights, or are they an inferior copy? They look the part, but do they cut the mustard?

Would be interested to hear of any experiences, as I have rung the e-bay seller and told him that I am not happy that this was advertised as an allbright when in fact it is not. I have grounds to return it and get my money back whilst this is still unused.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jamie

3 hours is a bit quick for a bump isn't it? Why not have a search on this site about albrights and the chinese copies? You might even find the thread about some testing that was carried out on them...

Essentially though they are well thought of and do the job well.

hth

If it is described as an Albright solenoid then that's what you should have been supplied.

Anything else being passed off as the genuine article is an offence.

Suggest you speak to Trading Standards.

And I'm sure the company themselves would like to know.

Bump (at the risk of getting told off by the mods!)

Ok consider yourself told off :angry:

You were informed about 'bumping' and also given helpful advice as to how you can find out further information for yourself in the meantime. If your query was a matter of life and death I could understand but to repeatedly 'bump' ordinary topics back to the top is not appreciated.

Patience is a virtue.

Guest diesel_jim

You were informed about 'bumping' and also given helpful advice as to how you can find out further information for yourself in the meantime. If your query was a matter of life and death I could understand but to repeatedly 'bump' ordinary topics back to the top is not appreciated.

Patience is a virtue.

/inspector Clouseau voice/

a beuump?

:lol::lol:

Patience is a virtue.

I accept it is not urgent and that patience is a virtue, but out of 188 views there have only been 2 [constructive] replies...

I think a bump to keep it at the the top of the posts for attention is justified (okay maybe 3 hours was a bit quick!)... sorry if that upsets you... I am new here and the etiquette of bumping on forums is not normally an issue on other forums I use, if it is such an issue on LR I will in future refrain from doing so!

I have used the LR search engine and cannot find any information on Albright copies, though that may simply be down to the keywords I have used?

Hmmm :ph34r::angry::blink:

:unsure:

I accept it is not urgent and that patience is a virtue, but out of 188 views there have only been 2 [constructive] replies...

I think a bump to keep it at the the top of the posts for attention is justified (okay maybe 3 hours was a bit quick!)... sorry if that upsets you... I am new here and the etiquette of bumping on forums is not normally an issue on other forums I use, if it is such an issue on LR I will in future refrain from doing so!

I have used the LR search engine and cannot find any information on Albright copies, though that may simply be down to the keywords I have used?

Hmmm :ph34r::angry::blink:

No, repeatedly bumping a thread in a short period of time is not justified and as you can see it's not just me who it offends / irritates. If everyone bumped their thread within short periods of time just because it had not received a 'constructive' response then we'd all be constantly fighting for the top slot.

If you think that post bumping for is justified that's fine but it would be appreciated if you would kindly restrict that particular habit to the forums you mention where such activity is acceptable (although I personally can't think of any).

This kind of discussion is usually conducted by personal message but your comment

Bump (at the risk of getting told off by the mods!)
earlier today indicates to me that you had some inkling that bumping was possibly going to draw some kind of attention from one of the moderators. As you can see you now have the attention of at least three of us.

Now, I've just typed 'Albright' into the search function up there ----------------------------------------^

making sure that I unchecked the 'Search this forum only?' box and I've come up with four full pages of threads. I am sure at least a few might be of interest to you.

If you have any other queries regarding acceptable conduct on LR4x4 please do not hesitate to drop me or any of the other mods or admins a personal message.

Have a nice day.

out of interest have you tried ringing people that supply both types copy and original Goodwinch, D4x4 for example, i think Simon does both, David certainly does.

Copies in mine and they run perfectly (touching wood)

3 hours is a bit quick for a bump isn't it? Why not have a search on this site about albrights and the chinese copies? You might even find the thread about some testing that was carried out on them...

Essentially though they are well thought of and do the job well.

hth

i think a certain man on here tested some Albright copies and found them as good or better than the originals

am sure he will be along in a bit.

Did you find this thread? SiR was the man who tested them.