Waxoyl treaters in Essex area?

Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anyone know of anyone in the Essex or not too far away area who can waxoyl my Discovery Chassis/underbody/sills/rear arches/inner wings etc for a reasonable cost?

None of my local garages know of anyone and i am loath to go too far and pay £500ish for the service but do want to protect my discovery and not have to get any welding done for a few years.

Thanks in advance

firemannotsam

Guest mortus

jesus christ, you pay 500quid for somebody to waxoyl your car.. :o

i could do it for 200 and still make myself a tidy profit

people get seriously robbed...

Hi Fireman,

The £500ish bloke himself here :ph34r:

Remember you get what you pay for! :)

If it is not too bad you might have a bash at doing it yourself. Remember this rough rule of thumb. If I do it:

on light to medium rust the waxoyl will kill the rust and stop any further rust for about 5 years. On very heavy rust it will only slow it down for a year or two . If it is very rusty, there is only one place that can do it properly I'm afraid. If it is not too rusty and you decide to do it yourself here are some tips:

1. Pick a warm day. The waxoyl will flow much better so you will not have to dilute it too much. I would advise against doing it on a very hot day because the waxoyl will be very thin and you will not get a good coat.

2. Use a proper rustproofing gun (they are not too expensive nowadays - do a web search) and hire or borrow a small compressor for the day.

3. Heat the waxoyl gently before use if its still thick. Do this by putting it in a bucket of hot water. For safety you should really take off the cap if the water is boiling but if the water in your bucket is not boiling you might take the risk and leave it on. Don't tell Health and Safety I said that though! :ph34r:

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES try heating the can in or on anything other than hot water - because you would be putting your life in danger!

Once the waxoyl is nice and warm, give the can a damn good shake. You want to do this for a few minutes until you are knackered.

4. There are businesses which specialize in pressure washing the underneath of lorries and trailers. You might find someone locally to do this for you.

Please note that my above post was edited. If mods are going to edit my posts, I think it fair to mention it. You could put at the bottom of the post: Edited by ........ for (reasons)..........

Of course, some of my posts may not get posted at all. I am told I am on 'unlimited mod approval" whatever that means!

Cheers Chris

Your posts are on 'unlimited mod approval' because you continuously spam yourself in pretty-much every post you make.

You don't really offer any technical advice to this website - just seize any opportunity to spam. We have to go through the chore of checking every post you make before it approved for the members to see. Too much of a chore in my opinion - you ain't worth the work.

Les.

If you are after some kind of treatment, have a quick look at this thread - well worth the read :lol:

55 pages!!!! flippin' heck

I've done all my landrovers (except the current one 'cos I haven't got round to it yet, another job for the summer :rolleyes: ) with a couple of cans each. The black spotty look is soooo me :lol:

Jetwash it off at the local garage a few times, let it dry for a week or so (does need a bit of luck to get some decent weather) and then follow the instructions. On the disco(mainly road use) reapply every couple of years, the 90 with more off road use every year.

Cheap and a bit dirty mmmmmmm :ph34r:

MY GOD :blink:

That is a truly horrendous thread - anyone thinking of that sort of service would be absolutely horrified to read that .....and see the output of so many

"Read 15470 times"....thats going some by any standards of distribution, more than some magazines

A case of seriosuly bad 'Parkinsons Disease' I think, ...............and 55 pages of it too :blink:

Nothing will prob ever match it in terms of shear business damage........... if not destruction of any reputation - if any remains after all that ?

And no law suit at ORRP ?????

Nige

Wow Not got enough time to go through that thread!

Will speak to Fortune at some point.

Graywalls? any more info?

don't want to pay £500 if I can get a similar job for half the money and buy more toys!!! plus more local means less muckiing around travelling.

firemannotsam

• 2 weeks later...