Not the best day.......

Been hiding at work mainly :( My office is almost opposite where diesel jim works - he may have seen the truck outside from time to time.

New job last year has meant longer hours (for less pay) and little chance to get online in office hours. I still lurk :ph34r: quite often without signing in. I'm surprised I haven't been deleted as a user 'cos I so seldom log in :rolleyes:

Still got the red heap, which I try and use at least once a week. The only off-roading I do now is Abingdon each September.

My dashboard is slightly different to that one in the picture. Not sure if there is a pic of it in any of Les' tech threads. I wonder how many different dash layouts they used?

Wish my truck was as tidy as Graham's.

Give us a call next time you are up this way Ralph - maybe meet for a beer/chat

if plans work out, will be up beginning of next month.

in the photo's Les took when he fitted your GKN OD, the very last photo just shows the control sliders as horizontally fitted as opposed to the picture I added where the sliders are vertical

so that's 2 variations of the fully pannelled dash

Hey Ralph,

thanks for the PMs on the subject of dashboards.

Most likeley option now is to

1. Replace the lower half dash (which has a hole ham-fistedly hewn out of it for a radio!), with a decent second hand one

2. Mount a radio unit on the lower half of the dash, fwd of the gearstick for my new radio

3. Fit 3 52mm gauges in the "black oval" on the lower half of the dash (oil pressure, tachometer and mixture analyser - more for light than any real use I may add))

4. Fit a bank of 6 carling switches on the main dash or on a mudpod (all just blanked off for the moment)

5. replace existing cigarette lighter (for it is duff), and add 3 additional 12v sockets in the loadspace area

Contemplating adding a CB setup too, but no real experience here........

Also contemplating a second battery with isolator to run fridge etc.........

2. Mount a radio unit on the lower half of the dash, fwd of the gearstick for my new radio

3. Fit 3 52mm gauges in the "black oval" on the lower half of the dash (oil pressure, tachometer and mixture analyser - more for light than any real use I may add))

4. Fit a bank of 6 carling switches on the main dash or on a mudpod (all just blanked off for the moment)

See you have seen the mud pod, why not get their mud dash, seems it would sort out a lot of your problems in one go...

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Dashconsole.html

Hey there is a little other good news.

I paid the insurcance excess to get the truck out of the repairers a couple of weeks ago (£550!) and finally got round to faxing the receipt to my solicitor, who is pursuing an uninsured loss and personal injury claim.

He emailed me back immediately to tell me that he had despatched a note to the guilty party's insurer asking for an interim payment of £550.00 in repect of the excess payment, and a further £1230.00 for the 92 days the truck was off the road. Nou doubt direct line will haggle this a little, but it looks lie the exmoor trim boys might be getting a call......... :rolleyes:

Hey Nic,

In terms of refitting the seats, it looks like a fairly straightforward unbolt and re-bolt job. New seats will be in black outlast from exmoor I think. may go for the whole hog and get the heated ones for the front. (do they come already internally fitted with the heating kit?)

What I might do while the seats are out is a bit of a wire-brush and repaint job inside..........hmm....thinking........

good luck for the insurance extra result :D I'd go for the Mudstuff centre dash part & the pod & fit the rev counter next to the speedo, it's of no use down in the lower centre of the dash.

Problem there is Ralph, the mud console wont fit the dash I've got, and as you Pm'd me there is a lot of work to do to make another dash fit in it's place.....The mudpod might be useful tho...

But yes it would be nice to get the rev counter on the main dash console........are the fuel gauge and the battery meter also 52mm, obviously I would have to relocate one of those.....

Yep, all the small gauges are 2 inch or 52mm diameter & there should be enough slack in the wires to relocate the fuel & temp gauges.

I moved mine so now the rev counter is next to speedo, then temp then fuel. if you have the voltmeter move that to the centre dash area.

Hey Nic,

In terms of refitting the seats, it looks like a fairly straightforward unbolt and re-bolt job. New seats will be in black outlast from exmoor I think. may go for the whole hog and get the heated ones for the front. (do they come already internally fitted with the heating kit?)

What I might do while the seats are out is a bit of a wire-brush and repaint job inside..........hmm....thinking........

You can get new seats (as you suggest bolts only) or a retrim kit whereby you keep the frames (I normally refurbish them as well) fit new foam, heaters if required and then the fabric/leather etc.

If you get complete new seats, Im interested in your existing ones as I can refurbish them.

Heaters can be fitted by Exmoor when you order seats.