Not the best day.......

Glad to hear she is all on the mend. I do find it hard to believe they hit you at such a speed tho, there is no way a car like that hit you at any more than 15mph and drove off, even that speed would have totalled the front end, and your landy!

Still, least she's being sorted.

Glad to hear she is all on the mend. I do find it hard to believe they hit you at such a speed tho, there is no way a car like that hit you at any more than 15mph and drove off, even that speed would have totalled the front end, and your landy!

Still, least she's being sorted.

Smo, it was at 50-55mph, honest. And the daft kid driving was trying to swing around me, bumping on to and off the pavement, rather than queue behind me until the car in front of me had turned right, and then we could both have driven on.....unfortunately for us both there was a car reversing down the ramp on the left side of the pavement, which left him no gap and he hit me just to the left of the towbar. At the time I was about 3 1/2 yards behind the car in front, a small mpv, and he hit me so hard I whacked the car in front.

Your right about one thing though, his car is a write-off. When he hit me he drove off, and I got out of the car reciting his number plate over and over, only for the guy I hit to tell me "you don't need to do that, he's left his number plate on the road for you" (along with the front grill, headlamp, bumper, some radiator contents etc etc).

Right now I am trying to get some physiotherapy paid for by direct line, because 44 days on my left shoulder is very stiff, I have some significant pain in my lower left back, and I don't have a full range of m ovement in my neck. (AND let me tell you this, where there's blame.........)......

I guess they make our cars pretty tough though. Paticularly in the area of the rear cross-member.

Definitely get some physio - they will probably want you to see a private doctor for a medical to confirm its true, but its all fairly simple through the hoops stuff. I still have trouble with my neck 3 yrs on the impact from being hit damaged the cartilage between some vertebrae.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the good news and the bad news..........

Good News! - my solicitior rang me to tell me that Direct Line had offered to arrange some physiotherapy, with Direct Line picking up the tab.

Bad News! - that was last Friday and I havent heard a peep since.

Bad news also.....expect the truck to be returned just Saturday 18th May after repairs....current delay is "du to having to drill out some bolts securing body to chassis" and having none to replace them with. The garage also claim that the welding of the new x-member is a little too close to the fuel tank for their liking....

Worse news.........even if I do get it back next Saturday, it's MOT runs out the day before........so I won't even be able to drive it....

Hey bloody ho.

Fed up of Manchester. :angry::angry::angry::(:(:(:(:(:huh::huh::huh::(:(:(:(:(:angry::angry::angry:

If it's a 110 then "close" does not begin to describe the proximity of the fuel tank to the crossmember. It HAS to come off.

If it's a Pre TD5 90 they are talking out of thier a£$%.

Went to visit the patient today.....new cross-member is fitted, panel being prepped for spraying. Rear and centre sections of exhaust being replaced. Should get the beast back by end of next week, hopefully complete with new MOT.

Now been off the road for 78 days...... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92 days off the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beast is back - delivered at 10.20pm this evening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full inspection tomorrow - pictures on this site too, I promise - Nic, if you're listening I'll try the mats tomorrow!

Hurrah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92 days off the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beast is back - delivered at 10.20pm this evening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full inspection tomorrow - pictures on this site too, I promise - Nic, if you're listening I'll try the mats tomorrow!

Hurrah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

PLEASED FOR YOU GRAHAM!!!! :D:D

Ok, as promised, here are the pictures of the old girl. The damage was to the rear x-member and left wing. She's had a few other things done while she was away, such as new centre and rear sections to the exhaust, and all the bulkhead rust repaired. See what u think.

post-5539-1212345809_thumb.jpg

post-5539-1212345860_thumb.jpg

post-5539-1212345883_thumb.jpg

post-5539-1212345916_thumb.jpg

Aircon vehicle - yes.......but the aircon parts were removed before I got it. I would imagine it would cost a fortune to re-instate. Hey ho.

Leave it out, far to much work & bits to go wromg if it was refitted. looks very smart though. :D & a Factory reg number too.

• 3 weeks later...

Very smart indeed. My 1996 110 has the black panels as well having been fitted with aircon for export to Africa when new. Do you have the full width grey plastic dash insert with the heater and aircon controls in the middle?