The 90° challenge event

i could probably squeeze a few seconds off if i get fit....

and learn to drink a few beers without being sick... but at least we all know that you can go for a p*ss and throw up in one go and not get anything on your boots. that takes practise. :lol:

bet carrys over to west harptree. since you're too chicken to come to kirton!!! :lol:

good good, as harptree last time I rolled him over 4 times.. :lol:

Great Weekend for us again, we loved the mud run and the special stages were good fun, the highlight for me has got to be watching Bathtub rolling before he gets to the mud run :lol::lol:

Can we have more speed next year i want to go faster :P Bigger jump into the mud run would be nice :rolleyes:

Got a very nice looking paper weight on my desk at the moment :D

I would just like to say a big thanks to Jim Marsden for letting me have the honours’ of testing the new Gigglepin bottom housing with FREESPOOL :D it’s an awesome bit of kit and has got to be 25% faster under load than a Gigglepin winch with +40 gears!! :D

See Chris thats where you dont understand a technical driver like me ;)

The reason i got further on the Mud run & had to resort to Electric power was i had to put the car on the passengers side so Darren could eye through the course to see the best line :unsure:

Great Weekend for us again, we loved the mud run and the special stages were good fun, the highlight for me has got to be watching Bathtub rolling before he gets to the mud run :lol::lol:

Can we have more speed next year i want to go faster :P Bigger jump into the mud run would be nice :rolleyes:

Got a very nice looking paper weight on my desk at the moment :D

I would just like to say a big thanks to Jim Marsden for letting me have the honours’ of testing the new Gigglepin bottom housing with FREESPOOL :D it’s an awesome bit of kit and has got to be 25% faster under load than a Gigglepin winch with +40 gears!! :D

So how big of a mortgage will the average bloke need to kit out his /her truck with one, nice bit of kit but looks like only for the rich,

Anyway well done to you both, Can you both have a long holiday so the rest of us can have a chance of a win,

Carl.

So how big of a mortgage will the average bloke need to kit out his /her truck with one, nice bit of kit but looks like only for the rich,

Anyway well done to you both, Can you both have a long holiday so the rest of us can have a chance of a win,

Carl.

Thanks mate, it was lucky for us the gearbox broke on the very last SS on saturday if it went earlier i dont think we would have been quite so lucky.

im not sure what price jim has in mind for it yet, but im sure its very comparible on price when compared to a full Hydraulic setup :) Lets not start the hydro v electric debate again ;)

Alan you had any more luck trying to upload those video clip onto youtube?

Thanks to everyone in our group for all the advice and help offered throughout the event, really made our first challenge a very enjoyable one. Can't wait for the next time.

here's the

for anyone interested.

Cliff

Had a great weekend, first time at a challenge event, hope to see ya'll again soon !!!

Steve, Lor Marshall in the red lightweight.

glad you enjoyed it.would you be the poor marshall that was roped in by some muddy looking bloke with a helmet to act as a ground anchor on the v gulley with the hornets nest?

if so job well done

has anyone heard of the results for the rest of the competitors?

spoke to the competition organiser today and he said they should be on by the morning....... clock ticking

by all means email him direct for more info

Off roading and exaggeration!! They were bumble bees! Rob went and had a real good close look.

i bow to older and wiser eyes.they were not best pleased when they were disturbed though.

poor rob had to jump in the cold wet muddy lagoon of slime to get away from them and to get you out if i remember? and inside the the 25 min dnf

i bow to older and wiser eyes.they were not best pleased when they were disturbed though.

poor rob had to jump in the cold wet muddy lagoon of slime to get away from them and to get you out if i remember? and inside the the 25 min dnf

We drove over them on the Friday, they were all over the bank but didnt seem that bothered.

And on 3 tyres and 1 rim! (but with a fair bit of added support and guidance!) :rolleyes:

And on 3 tyres and 1 rim! (but with a fair bit of added support and guidance!) :rolleyes:

Tim ,

Its all your fault your truck made mine look so tatty its now in bits again :(

No winches

No wiring,

No fuel tank

Mind you apart from the fuel & tyre issue Friday morning had 3 days of faultless truck.

Just shame it couldnt stay on its wheels :unsure:

You got that dent out yet :P

Tim ,

Its all your fault your truck made mine look so tatty its now in bits again :(

No winches

No wiring,

No fuel tank

Mind you apart from the fuel & tyre issue Friday morning had 3 days of faultless truck.

Just shame it couldnt stay on its wheels :unsure:

You got that dent out yet :P

I thought you deliberately parked it on its roof. Landed neatly in the box! :blink:

The dent stays, filler just doesn't stick to that nylon coating. Next ones will all be 3mm in the key areas! Unless you can source me some of that tough pipe you use? :P

Biggest problem is getting some weird looking sticker off the bonnet. God knows what it is stuck on with?

glad you enjoyed it.would you be the poor marshall that was roped in by some muddy looking bloke with a helmet to act as a ground anchor on the v gulley with the hornets nest?

if so job well done

Aye the very same, popped a wheel cylinder but otherwise held up well !!! Bless it ;)

I think a couple of us are going to come and have a look at some more challenge's, will keep an eye out for future events.

Aye the very same, popped a wheel cylinder but otherwise held up well !!! Bless it ;)

I think a couple of us are going to come and have a look at some more challenge's, will keep an eye out for future events.

thats cool next one is the tay trophy in scotland and then the decider in devon in sept

Obviously not tough enough :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

true but one a month is good enough for me.

plus dare i say it and without wishing to name some events that condone cheating by allowing competitors to drive round the taped sections , taking tags punch cards etc to the tag punch, point it is better to do an event that can be won fairly.....

cue barrage of hecklers