Britpart Calipers

Hi All,

Has anyone any experience with Britpart brake callipers (RTC4998-4999).

I am having huge problems getting hold of some recon. Lokheed callipers at a reasonable price ( I have a broken pad retaining lug therefore big surcharge) and was therefore toying with the Britpart route. I can also get hold of a Unipart recon. unit but at £100 +VAT its not a cheap route.

Any advice on where to source a good value recon. units or on the quality of Britpart callipers greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Jon

I personally dont use britpart for any safety critical parts, why dont you get some second hand calipers and new pistons/seals?

Mike

Absolutely agree with the above, Britpart are not known as S+++part for nothing.

Regards

Keith

if you go to your local motor factor - you will find that they can get hold of AP reconditioned units - I bought one for a defender about a year ago for the same reason - I paid just under a £100 - but at least I was comfortable it was made and repaired by the manufacturer.

which caliper is it - as I have a spare one lying on the garage floor which I could be persuaded to part with ...

If you have the time and a few basic tools I would highly recommended getting hold of a used caliper and rebuilding it with new quality seals and stainless pistons. That way you will have years of worry free motoring as IME it is always rusty pistons that damage the seals and necessitate replacement.

Chris