Contemplating Selling My 90

You've only had it five minutes ! :)

May be worth listing the kit added incase someone here is looking.

Best not to be in a rush, unless it does not matter if you lose on it. My ex had to sell her 90 CSW three years ago when it was 4 months old and ended up losing £3k.

You've only had it five minutes ! :)

May be worth listing the kit added incase someone here is looking.

Best not to be in a rush, unless it does not matter if you lose on it. My ex had to sell her 90 CSW three years ago when it was 4 months old and ended up losing £3k.

I know, I know...

But, every time I use it I always end up needing more space for people and things, hence the utility, ok the kit is:

Land Rover - Waterproof seat covers

Land Rover - Rear space rubber matt

Land Rover - Alarm / Immobilizer

Land Rover - Front Light Grills

Land Rover - Rear Lights Grills

LRX Air Vents - Black

LRX Front Light Surrounds - Black

LRX Grill - Stainless Steel - Black

ARB - deluxe winch bumper

Mantec - spare wheel carrier

Mantec - stearng guard

Mantec - Raised air intake

Mantec - Fuel tank guard

Warn - 9.5xp winch

Warn - winch cvr

Warn - winch wireless remote

Albright - solonoid under the wing for winch

Lightforce - Driving Lights + Loom

LED side lights

LED stop lights

LED indicators

LED interior lights

Split charge system - Genesis, with Albright solenoid (from devon 4x4)

Optima batteries - one Red top, One Yellow Top

Anderson Plug + Jump Leeds

Battery Isolator

Patriot full length roof rack + ladder - Black

Lockable Cubby box - Steel

Britpart - Diff guard

Stainless Steel grills, all rear windows

Checker plate bonnet kit - Black

Checker plate rear cross member - Black

Rear step bumper

Tow and Jaw ball

Tow electrics

Croyotec - door handles and locking pin

Outback - Centre roof console + Additional Map light

Intek - CB radio + Ariel + Extra speaker

Rock & Tree sliders - Black

Body Sliders + Door bits - Black

QT services - un-breakable side mirrors

Stainless Steel bolts and ni-locks replacement on all exterior bolts

You'll add hardly any value to 90 by the additions you've put on. So you can stick it up on Autotrader etc and hope that someone comes along that wants similar additions and will pay extra for them.

PX from a dealer, I would say that you are looking at 19K to 20K max. Private you may get ~22K. I'd be surprised if you get more though.

It's only money and it's better than 31K depreciation on an M5 in 18 months ;) Or go buy an RR supercharged and lose 20K as soon as you take delivery :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks

Steve

It may not be what you want to hear or it may not be practical, but have you considered a trailer? A modest box trailer for a couple of grand will give you three times the space of a 110 when you need load space with the day to day practicality of a 90.

Chris

It may not be what you want to hear or it may not be practical, but have you considered a trailer? A modest box trailer for a couple of grand will give you three times the space of a 110 when you need load space with the day to day practicality of a 90.

Chris

Yeah thought about a trailer for all the extra gear, and I do like the size of a 90 as you can go and nip around places allot easier / more off road capability. On the trailer I was thinking of one that would work as the tent / hold all the camping stuff like THIS.

As to SteveG's point, it's not really about the cash as why would I buy a landy if I was that worried about the cash...

I mean I could strip it back to orginal for and it would be worth just as much, right?

Well, if cash comes easy... Fleabay trailer. :D :D

Chris

Well money is not that easy...

But it always a question of time vs money, if I had more time & money then that would be a wonderful thing!

More money that time, more time than money, this could go on for a while, and all this while I would rather be outside.

I think I'm just going to copy and paste your list and add it to my letter to Santa.

That's a seriously spec'd up Land Rover.

However, I agree with you - you started with the wrong vehicle. Your spec indicates more of a desire to overland rather than go extreme trialling. In which case you should get a 110.

I used to have a 90 but traded in for the 110 when the family grew. Haven't looked back.

Take as much kit off as you can and flog it. Accept the loss in value and start saving for the replacement 110 parts.

I think I'm just going to copy and paste your list and add it to my letter to Santa.

That's a seriously spec'd up Land Rover.

However, I agree with you - you started with the wrong vehicle. Your spec indicates more of a desire to overland rather than go extreme trialling. In which case you should get a 110.

I used to have a 90 but traded in for the 110 when the family grew. Haven't looked back.

Take as much kit off as you can and flog it. Accept the loss in value and start saving for the replacement 110 parts.

Hey thanks for the thumbs up, your right on the above as I started small and realised that the truck is just not that practical for what I am doing as I always end up going out with more then 2 people... Anyhow, I accept the loss and could get a 110 for a swap I reckon even though the 90 is amazing for getting into those tight spots.

The trailer would be great they are still REALLY expensive

an ex military sankey 3/4 ton for £250 +VaT and some panel work like Chris (aka GBMUD) has done and you'll have a pukka trailer for not much £££

Like the look of this as im pretty good at building stuff (carpenter), not use to using metal that much but I have and it's not so tough... where is a good spot to buy sheet metal from?