Jack??

Just measure under the lift points on the axles. Most screw, bottle or trolly jacks of 2-ton capacity or more should do the job for roadside repairs, needless to say a High-Lift does not enter the equation.

At home I have a professional 3-ton trolly-jack but in the vehicle I carry the OE screw jack or a 5-ton bottle-jack. Worth considering that if (like mine) the jack is for roadside repairs only it may not be used form one year to the next and in that situation a bottle-jack can suffer from hardening of the seals and will let you down when you need it most (I haven't used my vehicle jack for over 6-years) whereas a screw jack that is kept oiled will never let you down.

I picked up a genuine LR bottle jack from a Disco/Range Rover on Ebay the other week. It's slightly better than your average bottle jack as it's got a 2-part hydrolic rather than the traditional 1-part hydrolic/screw combination. This means that when your chunky tyre is flat there is more travel (rather than just more height) in the jack to give you the space to get an inflated spare back on. it's also got a little 'saddle' welded on the top of it to make it a bit more stable under the axle.

That's how I justify the inflated cost to myself anyway!! :P