Land Rover Heritage Weekend

steve200TDi

Hi,

I couldn't find any existing posts about this event (apologies if there are).

I plan on driving up in the 90 on Saturday morning (probably up the M40, its sadly all motorway for me :( ).

Just wondered if I'll see many other Land Rovers going up there on the saturday?

Should be a good event, I haven't been to it before. Is it a yearly thing?

Steve

As I've never been to the museum or LR event, what is it like. i.e. how long does it take to look through the museum, or shall I leave to another, although I would like to look!

I guess the event and car park are both in fields?

The show is in the grounds of the museum last year most of the show was on hard standing, and a bit of grass. Carparking was in the car parks of the engineering works next to Gaydon with a shuttle bus. I'm not sure what the set up is this year though. I've heard good things about the museum but not been in as last year it was closed for the re vamp.

There planning for the showground to be much bigger than before.

I'm looking after the B&2's, Sport and Working Land Rovers and have quite a big spot and I must admit its a little sport heavy in the way of trucks B)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the weather could be good for the weekend, dry on the saturday at least.

But I think I may of changed my mind on driving up there in my 90, we're all going in the parents car :)

Hopefully there will be some bargains to be had up there.

We went up today, took the car as once in the carpark I may has well driven up in that old centre steer thing in the back of the shed.

not a great deal of autojumble, lots of club stands, was told to leave the museum as dogs are not allowed, ( no signs) we had 3 hours there and saw everything twice.

Had a few hundred quid in my pocket to buy a kenlowe and new radiator for her Disco, came home with most of it.

met a few friends paid my subs to the Disco owners club, and renewed LRO subs Kev was twisting my arm.

Driffield next weekend.

We went up today, took the car as once in the carpark I may has well driven up in that old centre steer thing in the back of the shed.

not a great deal of autojumble, lots of club stands, was told to leave the museum as dogs are not allowed, ( no signs) we had 3 hours there and saw everything twice.

Had a few hundred quid in my pocket to buy a kenlowe and new radiator for her Disco, came home with most of it.

met a few friends paid my subs to the Disco owners club, and renewed LRO subs Kev was twisting my arm.

Driffield next weekend.

I had a great time but a little busy and thanks to the forum members that came and helped me.

Gaydon show isn't known for it's trade stands and never has.

We were there all weekend.

Anyone who saw a sad sod polishing one of the 'Raiders on Saturday morning would have seen me... ;) .

Fantastic show - the highlight, for me, was meeting Tim Slessor.

Two days and I still didn't see and do everything I wanted.

Just Got home, need to head out and un Pack in min.

Jules Thanks very much for inviting me on to your stand I thourghly enjoyed the weekend and was amazed at how much interest the 130 had.

I like the fact that Gaydon doesn't have to many trade stands and its more about seeing interesting vehicles.

Just Got home, need to head out and un Pack in min.

Jules Thanks very much for inviting me on to your stand I thourghly enjoyed the weekend and was amazed at how much interest the 130 had.

I like the fact that Gaydon doesn't have to many trade stands and its more about seeing interesting vehicles.

Yeah really enjoyed the weekend. Not surprised intrested in your truck nice truck, nicely thought out

Had some really nice trucks to look after , so that kept me busy but found the whole show interesting.

Did not miss the trade stands, as someone put it to me, It was an enthuriast show anyway

Yeah really enjoyed the weekend. Not surprised intrested in your truck nice truck, nicely thought out

Had some really nice trucks to look after , so that kept me busy but found the whole show interesting.

Did not miss the trade stands, as someone put it to me, It was an enthuriast show anyway

Thanks to 'reads90' and julian for pointing out where we could wash the wolf on the saturday morning, it was great fun being able to see all the different Land Rovers, and meeting some new faces with familiar names.

We even met and chatted with Tim Slessor, who wrote 'First Overland' and I suspect that is the same for many people at the show. Thanks to everyone who came over and said hello.

Nick

P1000639.jpg

Meeting Tim Slessor was the highlight of our weekend , Big Si , you made Mandy's day with your polishing efforts.

Great to catch up with Ali and Jules (send our regards to Sue please)

Lone Wolf , hope you get things sorted soon

and as for trade stands ..who needed them with so many interesting vehicles to look at

Regards

M&M.

P.S. Dan heres the website i told you about

http://www.bobbooks.co.uk/index.php

As it was the first Land Rover show I've been to it was excellant.

So many Land Rover to look at.

Huey

MadMatt's 130 (like your log splitter attachment)

Devon 4x4 110 trayback

All the Shire Land Rovers

Range Rover convertable

Only naming a few and that was just at the show, there were loads more in the camp site and in the car park!

The museum was good as well, a few interesting concept cars.

An a series 2 prototype which look as if they had just recieved - it was in a terrible state - but looked good.

As it was the first Land Rover show I've been to it was excellant.

So many Land Rover to look at.

MadMatt's 130 (like your log splitter attachment)

Devon 4x4 110 trayback

Fairs fair That devon trucks build quality was fantasic .Great truck to drive. The tightest land rover i have ever driven in my entire life, and i worked for a dealership in my time