Tools......Seen this before?

viscous fan spanners are pretty common and very cheap here. They are only pressed steel.

Not sure on a TD5, but on a Tdi they are a left hand thread and it only takes a 'whack' with the palm of you hand to undo, or a slight blow on the spanner with a hammer.

:rolleyes: The more tools one owns the Better,,,,, independency is the word.. But that does not mean one should lavishly spend on them.... :blink:

Which would you prefare.... sending the cash to the mechanic? or getting yourself equiped to the teeth....... :P

viscous fan spanners are pretty common and very cheap here. They are only pressed steel.

Not sure on a TD5, but on a Tdi they are a left hand thread and it only takes a 'whack' with the palm of you hand to undo, or a slight blow on the spanner with a hammer.

They are right threaded on a td5,,, (absolutely sure on this)... well googling gave me just one on TD5s...... sometimes the cheapest way can be costly..... Tdi's have some similarities.. this one is exeptional.... Td5= 36mm tdi i guess are 32mm...... Adversely.. I will not challenge you Old hand...... :P

Whats wrong with a hammer and sharp cold chisel?

Works everytime for me!

Spanners are a real pain to hold and then jolt with a hammer usually skinning your knuckles.

Electric fans are rubbish. Viscous rules ok?