Are my shocks useless?

series 3

Hi all,

Got a bit of a problem with me shocks. I recently bought a full set of gaz shocks for me series 3. Unfortunaetly putting them on was a bit of a hassle and now they are on they are fully extended and only just fit onto the top and bottom peg thingys. My landy was owned by the military for a short while, what bits do they mess with when they buy them <_< or have I just bought the wrong parts? Furthermore if I was to take it out on the road with them on would they be useless and rip themselves to bits?

Does anyone have any tips on how to gauge the length of shocks that you need?

If they are fully extended, it wouldn't be good to drive with them. Be a rough ride at the very least. Probably the best way to get lengths is to articulate with the shocks off and measure the extended and compressed sides, and get shocks with a little leeway on either side of those figures. If you can't find any that fit, you may have to move the mounts to fit the shocks.

If i'm not a million miles away i have a set of military shocks going...?

That would be real handy. I live near downpatrick in northern ireland (county down). You anywhere nearby? If not could you post a picture of them so I can see what Im looking for? that would be great. To tell you the truth I was kinda happy when the shocks didnt fit :blink: as im sharing this landy with my da. Its a constant struggle between him wanting an authentic restoration and me wanting a high riding modified monster. Getting long travel aftermarket shocks is another step in my favoured direction.

Sorry i am a million miles away, it doesn't say where you are in your profile, if you noticed mine you would see i am in the north of scotland....... Propably impractical to send.... i can take piccys tho.......??

Yeah im new to the forum thing and havent realy bothered getting to know the setup or filling in my details. But yeah pictures would be great thanks.