Radiator

Hey,

I've been told that it is cheaper to get my existing radiator recored than to buy a new one. Is this so? If so where could I get it done locally?

Pete

This chap recored mine with an extra core for my V8 challenge truck,was'nt cheap but I think he's competative for standard stuff,give him a call first for a quote.

Collins Radiators . Wharf Farm, Furnace Lane, Nether Heyford, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN7 3JZ. Tel: 07836 504728.

I bought a brand new radiator for about £100, I couldn't see someone recoring it for much less, and with a recore I'd have had the hassle of the vehicle off the road etc.

With a new one, with free delivery, and an hour to swap them over, i couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Pete, try ringing that number I gave you the other day for my garage.....they have loads of them lying about. Wont be brand new obviously, but they probably do you one for next to nowt.

Mines going in for bushes & intercooler upgrade in next few days & I could pick one up for you if you cant get here yourself.

Martin,

If you coulod have a look at the condition and find out a price and PM me then that would be great!

200tdi

Pete

My advice would be to buy a new one. I had two second hand ones before I decided to just go and buy a new one, both we're carp, save yourself time, hasell and money - get a new one :rolleyes:

PS. Bought mine two weeks ago from 4x4 foundry £109

200tdi

Last time I looked, the 200tdi ones were a fair bit more expensive new, probably because of the oil cooler.

At the time, it was cheaper for me to get mine re-cored. Can't remember exactly how much it was at the time, but the price of copper had just gone up, was under 200€ I think.

Been very happy with it since, not a hint of over heating.

Pete, I am calling them tomorrow, Ill remember to ask for you.

Personally, I would rather get a new one, but I know what its like to not have bottomless pockets, and you have to save money where you can. Nick wouldn't sell it to you if it was carp, so rest assured, it will do the trick until the time you can afford either a new one or an upgraded one. My gut feeling is that he would want about £20-30.

When I ordered my new full length intercooler from Andrew at Allisport, he gave me the price for the upgraded radiator he does.....

........when I got back onto the chair I had just fallen off, it was £350 plus VAT!!

Mart

200 euro = 160 quid

new radiator 115 quid

:huh:

at the time (about a year ago), new rads were IIRC in the region of £200Stg + delivery to these shores.

Now obviously, it might be (or apparently is) different.

happier? :P:D

No problem Pete.....I think it would be best really, if you can afford new.

If there is any other bits you need/want....and the general consensus/your gut feeling is that second hand is OK, then give the guys or me a call & they will have it.

I had a crack in my brake master cylinder, so they gave me an almost new one for £20!! Fitted it for me for nowt.