Chassis Cleaning

bishbosh

Ok, I am prepping the chassis for a couple of coats of paint. I can prep most of it easily enough with a wire brush grinder or in a drill etc, but how do you clean up the dozens of nooks and crannies that the wire brush wont reach? I have resorted to using the end of a file but it is painfully slow.

So, any wonder tools out there that can make my life easier?

No worries Jase.

I am going to give the skinny one of these a try tomorrow as Screwfix are open

post-121-1211664124_thumb.jpg

and if that is no good there are a few similar and more robust (twisted wire) options on ebalg that I'll try out next week.

No worries Jase.

I am going to give the skinny one of these a try tomorrow as Screwfix are open

post-121-1211664124_thumb.jpg

and if that is no good there are a few similar and more robust (twisted wire) options on ebalg that I'll try out next week.

Bish, I did part of my 110s chassis using whirly brushes on a cordless drill. Like James said they do wear out pretty fast but they are cheap enough from MVF.

Needlegun sounds like a neat solution, do they use much air? maybe my T-max twin-pump compressor will run one :huh:

Will :)

John,

If the wire brush is no good I'll take you up on that, that is if Jase remembers where he left the needle gun.. :lol::unsure:

Oh ! I remember were I left it ,..............With Bushy :o:o

Ive just spoken to him and he does recall still having it and will return it to me this week ,So your more than welcome to borrow it Bish ole chap ;)

Must dash I have another coat of bright yellow paint to apply :ph34r::ph34r:

Bish, something like this FLEXIBLE DRILL ATTACHMENT might be useful with one of the narrow/pointy wire brushes for those points that you can't get the drill at...

HTH

Adrian

Thanks mate, but for once I am way ahead of you on that one!! Bought one with the wire brush. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately however, the wire brush isn't up tot the task so Jase and John, if you are listening, I would like to borrow your equipment! :blink: