Paint codes

Hi Guys,

Need to find out the colour of my 1998 csw 110. I thought it was Rioja Red Micatallic LRC601 but I have recently bought a second hand "B" pillar and this is a darker shade of red so now i'm doubting the rioja...

Any pointers?

Many thanks

Dave

Post a photo (not too big!) and lets have a look.

I think a 1998 vehicle will be either Rioja Red or I think the solid red was Rutland Red at that time, so maybe the pillar you have is Rutland Red.

There are several shades of most colours & this may be where the problem arises.

As an example in DuPont Centari Ford Diamond White (transits etc) lists 9 different shades on FACTORY vehicles depending when they were built. Although to be fair I only usually come across the last two.

Standox & Spies Hecker both list Rioja as having two shades. The later being bluer than the original.

As an example in DuPont Centari Ford Diamond White (transits etc) lists 9 different shades on FACTORY vehicles depending when they were built.

Tell me about it,, Just painted a ex work Rally Fiesta in Transit Diamond White !! nightmare !!! :(

• 1 month later...
non-metallic --- CUF Arrow Red, Portofino Red Corallin Red 88-97 LRC.390

metallic --- CAQ Rioja Red Mic 2ct 96-99 LRC.601 or CUY Montpelier Mic 2ct 93-97 LRC.536

Thanks Ralph,

I given up on the back axle for a while and moved onto the bodywork...

Posted a photo, so getting somewhere...heehee... haahhaa...

Cheers

DAve..