200 tdi exhaust / inlet manifold

Hi All

Can you knowledgable chaps tell me if the stud pattern and port positioning on a 200 tdi head is the same as on a 2.5 N/A D.

Reason:- I'm looking into putting a 200 into a series but run it without the turbo, to save messing with intercoolers oil coolers and the problems of the disco turbo etc fouling the chassis. If the ports and studs are the same I'll just use th series manifolds and down pipe.

Cheers.

Hi All

Can you knowledgable chaps tell me if the stud pattern and port positioning on a 200 tdi head is the same as on a 2.5 N/A D.

Reason:- I'm looking into putting a 200 into a series but run it without the turbo, to save messing with intercoolers oil coolers and the problems of the disco turbo etc fouling the chassis. If the ports and studs are the same I'll just use th series manifolds and down pipe.

Cheers.

Hi Scumduggler

Welcome onboard this forum, there are lots off treads about what you are about to do, so try using the serch function and a whole lot off info is turning up ;)

Good luck

Ole.

Hi All

Cheers.

Im certainly no expert and have only basic knowledge but i just wondered will the compression be to low??will the 200tdi be lower than a normaly aspirated because its running the turbo in which case the 200tdi will be like a race horse thats been knee capped in your series...maybe someone more knowledgable will put me right if this is worth mentioning?? oh and welcome to the forum!!! ;)

Hi All

Cheers.

The answer is no.

FridaT

www.turner-engineering.co.uk

Hi All

Cheers.

just a thought but couldnt you run the defender set up and have the turbo above?? as for fitting an intercooler and oil cooler well even i can do that with no problems,i think the general opinion on here is running the tdi lump without the turbo would be a bad idea,and im sure the performance would be dire,turbod engines run a lower compression and im sure the 200tdi lump would be the same,so it will be even slower than the original engine,i reckon as your so close you should stick with the turbo running gear off a defender,you have to make room for the oil cooler at the front and the intercooler could go anywhere,hell you could run it without one if you were desperate,although i wouldnt recomend it,you will get so much help of this forum so you will do anything im sure and cheap parts are easily sourced from here on the wanted and the for sale, hope all goes well and USE THE TURBO!! ;)