It's a "Spanner Adventure" !!!

I know it's not the biggest project for you total-engine-rebuild-boys, but the central silencer in my CSW 110 has two holes and I've decided to replace it (all the remaining parts have been recently replaced). Frankly for me it's about as brave as walking the plains of africa nekkid and covered in cow entrails. :lol:

I've ordered the part and the gaskets required, question for you is "Do I need to also use some sort of exhaust cement and if so, what is the product called and where exactly does it go..............(this will ruin my nails for sure :P ...........).

Thanks in advance.

FireGum is usually used for overlapping joints rather than flanged joints. I don't ever remember seeing or using a gasket on an exhaust anywhere other than the manifold-to-head joint. I suppose it can't hurt to use a gasket, though... with a bit of fireGum for added surety.

FWIW, I have had the exhaust apart several times on the 90 and to date haven't used either gum or gasket (other than on the head) and have achieved a complete seal every time.

HTH

Adrian