Rims from freelander

Freelander wheels will not fit anything else Land Rover made. Up to a point, other LR stuff will swap about but with the DiscoII / RR P38 they added a smaller PCD so you need to check. Also remember you must use the correct wheel nuts for alloy or steel wheels when swapping.

Knowing what year your Defender is will help.

Freelander wheels will not fit anything else Land Rover made. Up to a point, other LR stuff will swap about but with the DiscoII / RR P38 they added a smaller PCD so you need to check. Also remember you must use the correct wheel nuts for alloy or steel wheels when swapping.

1997 CSW Hard Top

Guest diesel_jim

would it? i didn't think that defenders had changed from the series 1's up to todays models?

I thought some newer ones used the newer PCD, stand to be corrected though!

No they are all the same even the Pumas, but the old type with the thick drive flanges will not accept most of the alloy wheel range as it won't seat on the hub properly.

As already said the Freelander wheel is totally different but Defender, Discovery 1 and Range Rover Classic alloys will fit so there is a fairly extensive choice to suit a 97MY vehicle and there are also a fair number of aftermarket ones.

While the alloys from Range Rover and Discovery 1 will (may, subject to axle type) fit the 110, most alloys are not of suitable load rating to fit a 110. As I understand it, the only alloys that can be used legally (in Europe anyway) are 'Deep dish' or 'Boost'.

Chris

One of the Fins has RR 3-spoke alloys on his 110 and I assume he's within the law, or just that people don't really care that much.

There are plenty of people who do not care that much, they are still breaking the law though. I have no idea if there are road traffic laws in Finland or if this would come under them. I would have assumed so on both counts.

Chris