8274 winch motor

JST

shows i dont use the truck much as never done one, but now do

so how do you change the motor on an 8274?

hi jst

if i remember rightly you just disconnect the battery so nothing can short, then disconnect the cables off the motor but remember were they go because it can be a sod, and then there are two long bolt in the back of the motor, undo both of them then pull the motor off but be-carefull of the gasket unless you want to replace it

i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong

if i remember rightly you just disconnect the battery so nothing can short, then disconnect the cables off the motor but remember were they go because it can be a sod

I have put different coloured cable ties on the studs on the motor, the cables at each end and the albright.

Thats three different colours x 4 for each cable in case someone thought it was 12 different colours, the earth is the one without a tie, it wears a dicky bow.

At what point in the procedure do you disconnect the hydraulic lines?

James you probably scared it with all the use it got today!

Can I borrow someone elses coat before I exit swiftly via the door? :ph34r:

dont know Simon, front winch i reckon was used for 1 lower out and then 3 other punches which you saw us on the latter ones. Meanwhile rear winch nearly didn't stop getting used!

i think Jase is right - the spiders were upset and stopped it spinning!

arachnophobia you mean?

Not sure whats wrong with it, i just replaced it, but it was lacking grunt shall we say and stalling easily but wasnt getting hot, bushes looked ok to me - but then i dont really know what i should be looking for i will keep it lying around for a grown up to have a look at.

Brush's need to have plenty of material left, Good spring pressure against the slip ring and be clean where they contact (no burning or dirt on the brush or slip ring) Other than that they are pretty straight forward. Make sure the lead from the brush that goes to the stud through the motor body is good and all connection are clean and tight.