Fancy a virgin site?

Well, that was fun wasn't it?

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves?

The weather held up and we had a good turn-out, only Millsy missing (maybe next time!), the Kent guys did well in fairly standard vehicles although one guy (sorry I can’t remember your name) appears to have done a rear diff early on and Phil Haines (Chichester 4x4) did a CV.

Oh yes, Dave Antill did a little body restyling and Steve G gained his first dent!

In the afternoon I chucked a few punches out which provided some spectator sport, don’t make them too difficult I thought, wrong! Some proved a bit tricky. Jim (D90SV) declined to attempt any of them! Nick (Rouge Vogue) got all 10 but managed to unseat a tyre which we promptly popped back on, Dave Antill did all his damage on one punch and Graham (Ripley) got himself into some unnecessary but very entertaining situations!

Nick doing a bit of winching.

Dscn0513.jpg

Lee being winched.

Dscn0512.jpg

Jim "I'll push this button, you drag the rope up the hill!"

Dscn0511.jpg

Jim using both winches (the picture doesn't show the true angle!).

Dscn0514.jpg

Graham being entertaining!

Dscn0515.jpg

Dscn0516.jpg

Dscn0517.jpg

Let me know what you thought of the day, we may do it again!

Oh yes, Dave Antill did a little body restyling and Steve G gained his first dent!

I did and on my new roof too! :rolleyes: it only took me less than 10 minutes too! :P:P

Cheers for letting us know about the site Paul, it was a good day out.

Steve :)

Paul,

We had a good day out! Spent the morning with finding bits not to get stuck it, but failed! Very glad to have gained Tom in his 90 (with ATs) and his Husky to pull us out of a few sticky bits, and spent the afternoon playing slalom in the trees and getting stuck on a log!

I think that without toms winch we would have got quite fed up, quite quickly. Mud tyres were an absolute must and een then we kept to the fairly tame bits!

Mike, Adrian and Chrsi took loads of pictures, but I didnt manage to take 1! I will put some of thiers up when I see them!

It was good to have such a good site effectivly on the doorstep though!

Cheers

Mark

Fantastic site, what a way to start the year.

A mixture of clay, mulch, mud, water, dead wood and bog, if thats possible.

med_gallery_488_52_333649.jpg

Took a bunch of us from Kent LRC, with vehicles, a lot less kitted out than everything else on the site, ranging from Dave in his mint Series3 on worn A/T tyres to Steve with his 110 with warn winch and BFG MTR's. Dave admitted it was a bit out his depth, but gave us alot of winching practice :-). Iain in his 90 had fun using with his 9.5i winch for the first time, and expect he'll get rope instead of wire for it come the show season.All wished we could have stayed longer, as missed out a couple of areas, behind the burger tent.

My T-max winch packed up a couple of times, think its something to do with the hand cable connector to the solenoids pack. Hopefully Jim (d90sv) of Gigglepin4x4 will be able to sort it, when I'm down there this week. Else will definetly have to go remote control route.

gallery_488_52_2178.jpg

I made some new tracks through the woodland area, although did manage to stupidly wedge myself between 2 big trees - fortunately no one took any photos, but 20 minutes of high lift jack work, and having the back end tugged round, and managed to get out. We mused over how the heck to get out of this situation if were in the Australian bush or similar, and decided that taking a wheel off, might have worked. Risky though.

gallery_488_52_19404.jpg

Took loads of photo's (130 or so) - and digital video mainly of our group playing (lots of swearing). Some can be seen in my Gallery, and the some of others with some streaming video images I'll provide a link to later in the week, if I get time ??

I recommend this site to anyone, preferably with a winch - or at least make sure there is one between two of you. Lots of trees to hang off of, so did not need any ground anchors - not that we actually had any, mind. Lots of space to practice in.

gallery_488_52_26949.jpg

Can see this being a fun site for any future winch challenges, and got the impression that much of the attraction for some was checking the site out for such an event, themselves.

Thanks to Paul etc, and the burger bar team. Well worth every penny.

Don't miss it next time.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks to all involved, a quality day out.

Made me realise how much I need some mud tyres. The Pirelli's had about as much directional control as Stevie Wonder steering a rudderless oil tanker. Still, just about avoided ending up in the ditch getting back off the course and I made it half way back up the field before I had to be towed.

Sign me up for next time.

Tom

Stuck as usual Paul if u had silly tyres you would have driven it. :P

Pete, you drive it and I promise not to enter into a credit card motors debate!

Response so far is good but if there are any comments regarding improvements for the future please let me know.

Spoke to the organisers today and they’re happy! Keen to do it again so I will start a new thread.

Cheers Paul (and others),

Superb day,

Had alot of fun, No damage :P

And a girlfriend that was still talking to me at the end!

Almost the perfect day :lol:

If she hadn't have been talking to me it would have been :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Boom, Boom!

I have to confess that the reason i did not do the punches is because i was scared :rolleyes:

Since a bought this bloody Smart car, i have started to notice funny things happening......

As you can see from the pic of me i have even started standing like i'm Gay..........

Add to this the urge to want to drive a BMW convertiable and shave my chest and i think we have proof that i've flipped :ph34r:

Don't worry will be back to me self for Muddy Truckers............ But

For the Mike wolf........

I might just wear a dress :rolleyes::lol:

Cheers once again

Jim :)

Now, who did I see driving a BMW convertable? Was is Simon(Digger90)? :D

Chris

Yep, that was me! Changed my Softdash Auto Tdi Rangie for a same year 325 Convertible. Nothing's fallen off it or stopepd working in 5 months, and I realised when I filled up the washer bottle the other week it was the very first time I'd opened the bonnet since September. Pure pleasure!

Mind you, I have my Sh**box Rangie in the driveway and enough chassis', axles, engines, gearboxes and panels spread aroun dmy garden to build 2 complete 90's!

• 2 weeks later...