The Meck Lock System from MUD UK / defender Security

Raw

After 2 90 were attempted to get stolen from my unis car park and a friend’s td5 stolen yesterday locally to home i have been looking at extra security for my 90.

Has anyone fitted the The Meck Lock System from MUD UK ? the web site claims alot from it

Sam

I have got one fitted. Fitted it about 7 years go and had no problems.

Its not going to stop some one breaking in and depending on the area you live in you may also want a big visable steering lock or similar to put off some as it is almost impossible to spot unless you are looking.

Since it effectivly disconnect the clutch the vehicle will be impossible to drive, not going to stop it being towed but then what is, the only way I can see to bypass it would be to replace the clutch pipe and then re-bleed the system, not something people are likely to want to do at the side of the road somewhere.

I fitted it as any electrical imobiliser on an old (well pre-elctronic engine managment) diesel can be bypassed by just about anyone in minutes, won't explain how here but it doesn't take much brain power. I drove my old 2 1/4 diesel (pull cable engine stop) from Plymouth to Camborne with no electrics at all after the wiring loom went up in flames going over the Tamar bridge, apart from having no light, indicators etc which did make manouvering in traffic interesting at times there was no problem.

Simple effective device.

Expensive due apparently to the complexity of the lock/keys and no doubt the high price plant contractors will pay for effective security, which is the main market they are used for.

You can also fit dual version with a clutch and a brake blocking circuit, which locks the brakes on the first time the brake pedal is pressed.

Great for peace of mind in my opinion.

John

What above removal of the steering wheel. I know it will probably be a pain to have to lug the steering wheel around but would make it quite difficult to steer using mole grips. Theres a company called "Snap off" the do a system thats not to expensive. Adrian