Exmoor trim

Not had any experience of fold-ups from Exmoor, but I have of other of their products. You cant really go wrong with anything from them! A bit pricey, but VERY good stuff.

Why do you need new seats though Pete? I ripped all mine out & gave them away, they were never getting used, and taking up all my load area space.

Martin

You wont be keeping them in permanently????

You do know, its not a 2 minute job taking these things out? My garage helped me take mine out, and it took 2 of us over an hour to get them out. Some of the bolts were/are quite fiddly.

Not a job I would want to do again in a hurry.

Thing is though Pete, the seat backs have bolts that go through the lip beneath the rear windows. They are the ones that are a bugger to get to.

Without these, your seats would only be held in place by 4 bolts through the wheel arches, not very safe!!

Leave the seats out, and get your mates to drive you around if there are more than 2 of you!!!

I had them in my old 110. They seemed to be comfy enough - no complaints from the passengers when compared to standard benches. They are retained in the up position at one end only and can part fold down under vibration (off road).

Down side is that they take up a lot of space, even when folded up. The load space is narrowed to about the width of the wheel boxes. Standard benches can be left in and don't impact the load space as much.

I popped into Exmoor Trim today and picked up a security cubby box and was looking at their demo stuff in their boardroom. I could spend so much money with them, all their kit is so nicely made. When funds allow I will get a pair of Defender Elite seats for my 110.

Ben

I could spend so much money with them, all their kit is so nicely made.

I felt the same when I visited their stand at Billing last year! You can just feel your credit cards warping, cant you?!

It is very good stuff though. Modular seats in Oulast black next on my list.

Martin

I can definatley vouch for the Outlast fabric..... as the next day after re-conditioning my front seats with new foam and outlast black covers, the dog decided that we'd been in the shop too long and climbed onto said new seats proceeding to 'dig' up the base to make himself more comfy !!!!

I'll let you imagine the range of expletives! @^*#ing dog !!!!!

However there were only a few claw marks in the fabric that have faded away and no lasting damage!

On the lookout for a dog/luggage guard now !!

I had good service and it's a great product from Exmoor Trim (no affiliation)

Phil.

Hey,

Has anyone had any expereince of the fold-up seats provided by exmoor trim for the load area?

good or bad?

Like this:

post-7036-1213974539_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Pete

It all depends on what you are using them for and maybe how often etc.

For example ... you can no longer carry kids in sideways facing seats legally. Never been safe anyway.

Probably ok as a dry place to sit if it starts raining when having a bbq.

Its getting a bit long winded but have a look at this ..

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...rt=#entry234087

Be interested to know what you decide on