Axle misalignment

I have a 90 with a discovery rear axle.The problem I have is the tyre sticks out of the passenger side 1 inch more than the drivers side ( this is clearly seen because I have tree sliders fitted) The trailing arms are the same length and the axle brackets are equally spaced on the axle. The a-frame ball joint pin, instead of sitting vertically, sits at an angle facing towards the passenger side.

Is this what is affecting the allignment?

If not what else could be causing this?

Thanks

The a-frame ball joint pin, instead of sitting vertically, sits at an angle facing towards the passenger side.

So is the car leaning over and one tyre appearing to stick out further? Is the body on centrally or is it 1/2" off to one side? LR build quality can be pretty shoddy when it comes to chassis dimensions.

Chris

The a-frame ball joint pin, instead of sitting vertically, sits at an angle facing towards the passenger side.

This doesn't sound right, is the nut done up tight? the ball joint fits into a tapered hole which should be vertical, otherwise the axle would flex more one way than the other.

Is there any clunking / movement in the balljoint pin if on level ground you push the rear of the body above the axle sideways / rocking motion?

I think it's a common problem, and even if there is something misaligned it'll be rather hard to correct. Check all the bolts are done up, but if the wheels, chassis and body arrive at your destinations at roughly the same time then look for somewhere that won't show oil drips, climb out through the panel gaps and appreciate your slightly squiggly British car :)

Check all the bolts are done up, but if the wheels, chassis and body arrive at your destinations at roughly the same time then look for somewhere that won't show oil drips, climb out through the panel gaps and appreciate your slightly squiggly British car :)

Best answer ever! :hysterical: Tech archive! Tech archive!