Biodiesel Availability

Has anyone else been having problems getting biodiesel? Having sworn I'd never touch the stuff again I started using it again recently to keep the discovery on the road, at least for the summer. So far D&B Biofuels in Bidford (the only biodiesel supplier I can get to) have been out of fuel every time I've been there, with days before they have more :( Today, the bit of cardboard on top of the pump said they were out until Saturday (five days).

I've seen a Micra for sale round the corner. Maybe I need to take a look :(

I can get it from a place fairly local to where i work (he's on Canvey island in Essex) but he doesn't always have it, and its been going up in price in line with Dino Diesel.... it was 88p per litre befroe Christmas, and is £1.10 now. apparently the cost of waste oil is going up weekly at the moment. :(

I have noticed that a few times recently I have found that my local supplier had run out by mid afternoon. They just can't make enough to cope with demand. The price has also risen to £1.06 from 95p a litre.

I have taken to having a stash of jerry cans filled when they have some and then using that to keep me going until they have more. I am also considering buying 1000 litres at a time.

Waste oil is being sold on Ebay at £290 for a 500 litre drum.

I've been pricing up buyin the 50/50 in 40 gallon drums - putting in a bulk order to cover a few friends as well.

What with the wife doing a tank of juice a week in the Passat - that's over 70 quid a pop now (!) I need a bigger supply to cover here costs as well

It was £1.07/litre last time I filled up. Last autumn I was paying about 75p/litre at the same place. It hurts, but not as much as paying £1.30 for mineral diesel does :(

Mind, the truck does run better on the proper planet destroying stuff, even it is bankrupting me :)