Spring Question....

hi folks,

my 110 csw (F reg 2.5td) currently sits a bit like a drag car - nose down... it seems to have had the rear springs changed before i got it (although i`m not sure what part no/code/colour they are) but looking at the state of the front springs they could still be the originals... i want to fit a 2" lift on the car, but the back looks like its fine as it is, so just need 2" of lift on the front... this looks like it would level the car up + give me satisfactory ground clearance...

the thing is, i`ve been given a pair of nrc 4304 that had only been fitted for about 2 weeks, these are listed as rrc rears, with a length of 17.71 inch, 170 lb/inch rating and 7 coils and are the red/whites...

the codes for my 110 at standard height are nrc 8044 osf (15.13 inch, 155/215^ lb inch, 9 coils, white/white) and nrc 8045 nsf (14.49 inch, 155/215^lb inch, 9 coils, yellow/yellow)

my thinking is that fitting the nrc 4304`s to the front of the 110 would give me around the extra 2 inch of lift i`m after... and best of all they were free!!!

can anyone with a bit more experience of springs/ratings/lifts etc offer any advice or forsee any problems???

i know in an ideal world that would be the thing to do, but the point is i have these springs, they were free, they are new, i would have to buy the others... i know they arent mega expensive, but at the moment spending more money on the landy is out...

• 2 weeks later...
well, i fitted them along with a set of new shockers, and the front has gone up by 1.5 inch, making it only 1/2 inch lower than the back, it looks much more "right" now.... B)

If you want it level, it's easy to fit one of these on each front spring..

DSC09134.jpg

They are Range Rover rubber isolators vailable from any LR dealer or independent parts supplier. They'll give you an extra 1/2" lift without any drawbacks.

Cheers

Steve