best place to buy ?

gsr341

right with in the next month i plan on getting my landys suspension sorted

so wheres the best place to get the following

+2" front turrets

rear relocation cones (are the reverse location cones any good )

+2" brake lines maybe more with 12 " stroke shocks

poly bush or similar , or do i stick to standard ?

qt radius arms (is there an allternative , are they really needed ?)

ome springs , and what spec ?

allready decided on the gwyn lewis 12" ome shocks and rear mounts , just trying to deide on rest

do you think the donny show going to be worth attending this year for parts ?

thanks in advance

Dafydd

I run gwyn's complete system, +2 front turrets, rear spring relocators, rear trailing arms, rear shock mountings and ome set up. Speak to gwyn about OME springs, he knows his stuff rgarding suspension and is a hive of information on them. I do run qt front radius arms, but only because I had them before i realised gwyn did them. He sells much cheaper than qt on an exchange basis.

I am well pleased with the set up, there are a few pics on http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/page15.html if you want a look.

He also sells braided stainless steel brake hoses as well.

You might get a better deal if you but the complete kit off him, he has also spent alot of time perfecting his setup on his own motor, so it works well as a package, rather than bits from everywhere, just twist his arm a bit :D

Standard bushes will give you more flex than the polybush alternative.....all depends on what you want.

right with in the next month i plan on getting my landys suspension sorted

so wheres the best place to get the following

+2" front turrets

rear relocation cones (are the reverse location cones any good )

+2" brake lines maybe more with 12 " stroke shocks

poly bush or similar , or do i stick to standard ?

qt radius arms (is there an allternative , are they really needed ?)

ome springs , and what spec ?

allready decided on the gwyn lewis 12" ome shocks and rear mounts , just trying to deide on rest

do you think the donny show going to be worth attending this year for parts ?

thanks in advance

Dafydd

I'm using qt front radius arms. I'm well impressed with them but I would probably go for a cheaper option such as those from Gwyn if I knew about them at the time.

I'm using the gon2far reverse cones ever since I managed to bend one of my scrapiron ones on a comp. I have had no problems with them and not having the constant twang of spings relocating has been excellent.

I think gon2far will be launching a new suspension system to rival the scorpion evolution kit at Donny show. It may well be worth you going.

Dave

Don't ever deal with Scrap iron racing i have only ever had trouble with them.

Never had a problem with Scorpion - like to elaborate? what was the issue??

Cheapest place for turrets is paddocks, but I have no idea what they are like - otherwise they are all similar

Re-location devices do seem to work better on the rear for re-seating if they are on axle not chassis, however if you go for Devon 4x4's design it doesn't seem to matter that they are on the chassis. Theyare cheaper too!

As for OME springs and shocks just phone around for cheapest.

You'll also need adjusted bump stops and kinked rear trailing arms, and yes I think you'll need longer brake hoses

Cheers

Steve