Re-sealing a 6 bolt PAS box?

Jon White

The 6 bolt box on my series is leaking fluid like a sieve.

As the casing has to be modified to make it fit the series chopping it in for an exchange re-con isnt an option so I'm considering trying a seal kit on it before I scrap it. Anyone ever done one on a 6 botl box? Do I need any special tools?

I've got the 90/110 manual which tells you how to rebuild it, but I was just wondering if any of its do-able without needing the special tools.

Also any tips for persuading the drop arm to come off???

Thanks

Jon

The 6 bolt box on my series is leaking fluid like a sieve.

As the casing has to be modified to make it fit the series chopping it in for an exchange re-con isnt an option so I'm considering trying a seal kit on it before I scrap it. Anyone ever done one on a 6 botl box? Do I need any special tools?

I've got the 90/110 manual which tells you how to rebuild it, but I was just wondering if any of its do-able without needing the special tools.

Also any tips for persuading the drop arm to come off???

Thanks

Jon

use zeus seals not landrover ones

you need a hydraulic puller to get the drop arm off. or lots and lots of persuasion with bigger and bigger hammers

Guest diesel_jim
Zeus seals?

Didnt even know they did them! Whats the difference?

Thanks

Jon

The difference? when the eventually do leak, they ruin your engine as well! :D:D:rolleyes: (ask will warne!)

A mate has a selection on his shelf 3/4/6 bolt all spares working when removed.

he is coming to Slindon in Feb if you want one I'm sure he'll oblidge without a rip off price

more a Sodbury price I'd reckon

Edited by white90

Sounds good Tony! Its got to be a 6 bolt as nothing else is small enough to fit in!

Quite happy with a sodbury type price - can you find out what sort of money he's after please?

Unfortunately I'm not going to be at Slindon, as I'm in Scotland that weekend, but i'm sure Nigel or Tonk would be able to act as courior on my behalf (please chaps!)

Cheers

Jon

Jon, just out of principal I wouldn't give zeus my bussiness even if the product was OK. Given the fact they knowingly sell a fact they knowing sell a faulty product and don't seem to give a **** I would never waste my money on their stuff again.

:-)........fair point! Had no problems with the wheel studs!

I know you've had er......problems with them!!

Werent you thinking about taking legal action or something?

Jon

I was but they simply passed the buck. They did the ususal "I'm sorry, sir, it couldn't possibly be our problem. We never have timing gear problems. It must be your fault." If I'd really wanted to proove the point I'd have had the gears tested (about £2k per gear :o ) but, even then, I'd have struggled to get the best part of £10k back from them (that's basicly what it would have cost me if I'd have had 2 gears tested).