what does your rear wiper do?

just read the post on internittent wipers etc. My rear wiper wipes at normal speed if I turn it on but it doesn't park at all, I have to stop it when its finished the full arc. The water jet squirts when I push the button, but this doesn't make the wipers do anything at all. Is that correct or is something amiss?

Jas

Mine like my interior mirror doesn't do anything????

I threw both away as when I use my Defender on a trip you can't see out of the rear window.

Jas your wiper motor needs the stop piece adjusting.

I eat rat poison.

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!!

Jas,

When the main wipers do what you describe, it's usually the park switch that needs replacing - they fail 'open' and there's no power to power the wipers back to the parked position (and this is what's used during intermittent operation).

John

So from my desk here, I'd assume I need to find the correct replacement park switch from a lucas agent or some other.

Cheers

Jas

just read the post on internittent wipers etc. My rear wiper wipes at normal speed if I turn it on but it doesn't park at all, I have to stop it when its finished the full arc. The water jet squirts when I push the button, but this doesn't make the wipers do anything at all. Is that correct or is something amiss?

Jas

The park switch is inside the casing, if it won't park then a new motor is required,

correct operation for a factory as built rear wiper is twist switch for wipe & push switch for wash, a normal system doesn't intermittent wipe, so apart from not parking when switched off, yours is working correctly :D

Guest diesel_jim

Hmmm... so reading this, if i were to stick a 12v supply to the "park" circuit, my wiper would do one cycle?

so i could make a timer cuircuit, of say, 30 seconds or whatever, and have normal "on" for the wiper or "intermittant"

anyone see any major flaws with this? :unsure:

Hmmm... so reading this, if i were to stick a 12v supply to the "park" circuit, my wiper would do one cycle?

so i could make a timer cuircuit, of say, 30 seconds or whatever, and have normal "on" for the wiper or "intermittant"

anyone see any major flaws with this? :unsure:

The park cycle is powered anyway (or should be when the ign is on but like Mark mine is now intermittent in the Disco) so all your timer circuit needs to do is provide a brief feed to the normal feed to move the wiper out of park. The let the existing park circutry power it through the rest of the cycle back to the park position.