80 inch and V8

biggin

Hi there, new to the forum.

Currently have an 80 inch trialler im doing up- at the moment it has a 3.5 on SU carbs coupled to a series 2 gearbox. Recently I obtained a 3.9 EFI classic with autobox, question is will the engine and gearbox fit into the trialler? Will the rear prop be a problem with the longer autobox?

Any help much appreciated. Biggin.

Hi there, new to the forum.

Currently have an 80 inch trialler im doing up- at the moment it has a 3.5 on SU carbs coupled to a series 2 gearbox. Recently I obtained a 3.9 EFI classic with autobox, question is will the engine and gearbox fit into the trialler? Will the rear prop be a problem with the longer autobox?

Any help much appreciated. Biggin.

Hi welcome.

Cant answer the auto box question, but as an owner of a Series 1 V8 why change to auto?

If you want to trial it surely you want to stay with a manual and possibly a Series 1 transfer box?

If Ashtrans is around he will give you all the auto box information you can handle and some more!

Marc.

The autobox is about 6 inches longer if that helps you decide.

If its a trialer I wouldn't see a problem with wide angle yokes. You'll probably go through UJ's more frequently but at least you won't be doing hundreds of road miles.

Dave Marsh of QT service has built loads of 80" trilers, my co-drivers wife has one his thats a 3.9efi(pink) and QT are making the new props for my 100" racer.

have a word with him he will be able to tell you first hand any of the pit falls