Greenlanes- terrible damage caused...

chalkie52

Christ that's bad. It's amazing how incredibly stupid some people can be. You could have as much off-road fun as you like for a few quid without annoying anyone or breaking the law.

Les.

Sadly I'm sure the use of a 4x4 was purely incidental - the sort of people who would do this would be up to mischief of some sort anyway :( Joyriders, I'm guessing? Can't imagine anyone would be stupid enough to do that in their own truck :huh:

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?Se...ticleID=1305417

... All gonna be tarred with the same brush thanks to these idiots!!!

A TRO will not stop someone from wrecking the countryside like this. And I think as a responsible forum of people we should unify and lend our support in condeming this act of wilful vandalism. Whoever it was, they obviously do not care or understand the balance of the countryside.

So a TRO would be aimed at us, not them. I think this point needs to be made.

Do you agree ?

Solent and District LRC (sadlrc.co.uk) were meant to be running a greenlanes day over there on 5th Febuary but I think we are going to avoid it now as not to wind the situation up even more. Myself and Barry Baker from Vectis LRC have already written letters stating that are appalled by the behaviour of the irresponsible minority that will surley affect the majority with a TRO in place. We will talk to Tim Slade from IoW Council and bring up these concerns when he holds his meetings with the police, landowners, etc.. but he has been instructed to hold meetings witha view to putting a emergency TRO in place immediatley, and then extending it until at least March 31st.

The damage made front page on several papers on the island, because it is quite a small community, and apparently a discovery was reported with front end damage in Newport.

We are waiting to hear from Vectis now, as they were going to be talking with the police, but in the meantime as a club quite local to the situation we have offered our support in possibly attending with the council and trying to sort the damage out...

Dave White

sadlrc.co.uk