The 4x4Adventures Winch Challenge 23rd Aug aftermath

I'll second that a big thank you to Nick for being on hand to help Ian out with some butterfly stitches etc, thank you

Ian - you plonker!

Just a quick big thank you to Nick an Liz for sorting me out through the day, strange I didnt think those big yellow hooks would be that hard!!!!! Knitting together nicely, although the modelling job for this week has had to be postponed :(:(:(:(:(

Seriously though thanks very much.

Ian

PS Si, need a stand in B*tch again, I am busy that weeekend :lol::lol::lol::lol: ( Also note to self -- must get fit :(:( )

Top day out, despite ongoing breakages and puncture!

Really like the site and worth traveling for 4hrs plus to get there.

Standard of marshalling was spot on and level of competion was good.

Now if I can stop Lewis posing for Liz to take photos things would be purfect as Jase would say!

Thanks again James and crew, OEC and X eng etc for supporting our Hobbie(sport).

Russ

My first trip to Slindon and I really enjoyed it (even if we did retire at 12 o'clock) Had an excellent time when we were still going and I much prefer the taped out, drive through type sections.

The Friday night was also very enjoyable with quite a few camping, A bit of socializing makes a much better weekend of it.

Many thanks to James , OEC, X eng and all the Marshals for a brilliant (yet short for us) event.

Cheers.

Steve.

I've got quarter ton of Slindon in my back yard after pressure washing her on Sunday.

Meeting up Friday was good, having a few beers sitting round the fire and every now and then you would hear a 30 foot tree come down with in feet of us.

I really enjoyed Slindon and hopefully we can have another event there again, Stu and I only managed to pick up three punches after lunch as lost drive in front axel. Almost let one of the marshals take our card, well he was keen to take it off us as I was stuggling to get out of the woods. Glad I never cos those couple of punches made the difference.

A big thank you to all marshals even the one which made me do punch 17 twice :blink:

Thank you Anton, Simon and James for your for all your efforts it was well worth the 4 hour trip.

PS did anyone find my diff guard.

I've got quarter ton of Slindon in my back yard after pressure washing her on Sunday.

My neighbours were very impressed when I pressure washed mine off (inside and out!) in the road outside my house :ph34r: ... took me 6 hours in total!

My rear brake drums were completely full of it as was the hand brake drum!

PS did anyone find my diff guard.

Yes it is in Ian H's garage (bolt on ring type one?)- do you need it before the 2 dayer? If you need it sooner give me a shout and will see what we can do.

Shrek

nice picture of your head Ian on James site, you could be a kamikaze pilot with that Badge With luck your have a scar there just like Harry Potter.

Nice write up there James , Just wish we did have two hours :huh: ,we puled out at 10:20 in the outback and struggled to pick a route out in 2 wd :(

i tend to do it on the rough time i see people - Sorry!! otherwise i will have Gittins on to me saying he broke down at 1019hrs and still beat you etc!

you could have always have fixed it though and carried on - oh wouldn't spares be a good idea! :ph34r: :ph34r:

SS1 results added

SS1__Timed_Trial.pdf

nice picture of your head Ian on James site, you could be a kamikaze pilot with that Badge With luck your have a scar there just like Harry Potter.

Wafly,

That name has been banded about by a select band of BAST**DS and my family, I do hope your not going to join them!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Ian

Wafly,

That name has been banded about by a select band of BAST**DS and my family, I do hope your not going to join them!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Ian

Steady on Harry or it may stick

so have you taken the bandage off yet? got any pics? Did you get it stitched in the end?

As I wasn't there, I'm unsure of the story. But why has Ian posted a pic of that Potter bloke :P:P

Basicly Mark Ian had a misshap with a hooked strap resulting in an injury to his forehead , He was aptly bandaged up and repaired by the help of the on site First aiders , And because of the position of the expected scar he got the handle of Harry Potter , (nothing to do with me mind you , we were busy breaking down )

Im Thinking About Going In for The Next Harry Potter Movie ... I Think Ive Got Quite A Good Chance

good chance?????????????

i think you have it in the bag, well done HARRY

just remember us when your famous

I dont believe this, this was my daughter posting this :angry::angry::angry::angry: I am now going to throw all my toys out of the pram and get very PIS*** OFF :angry::angry::angry::angry: Plastic surgeon is booked for next week,

My wife has just told me that she has just had a call form JK Rowling........ so you will all eat your words when I am famous and rich!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian