is it me - or have tyres now gone up in price as well?

OilIT

Just tried to buy a pair of tyres - same as I bought 10k miles ago and the price has gone up from GBP96 to GBP128 each - same make etc, no matter who i call they all seem to be around the same price !

This country is going to the dogs.....everything is going up in price (except the value of our properties :o )

Just tried to buy a pair of tyres - same as I bought 10k miles ago and the price has gone up from GBP96 to GBP128 each - same make etc, no matter who i call they all seem to be around the same price !

This country is going to the dogs.....everything is going up in price (except the value of our properties :o )

i went to my tyre man last week for sum new boots for the car , he said they gone up 30% in last few months and going up weekly , hardly suprisend as there 2 main raw ingredients are oil and steel :(

i went to my tyre man last week for sum new boots for the car , he said they gone up 30% in last few months and going up weekly , hardly suprisend as there 2 main raw ingredients are oil and steel :(

Spot on. All tyres have increased in price over the last few months, bit of a bugger but somewhat inevitable. Time to go and bomb the Middle East again :)

Lucy bought two part worns for the freelander on friday (225/75x17s), they are pirelli snowsports with about 7mm of tread for £50 fitted and ballanced. I didn't think that was too scary at all :)

Everything is going up in cost at a hell of a lick. Our fruit for the cakes has gone up 37% this month and the cherrys we use have gone up over 45%.

Will :)

Refined automotive oil doesn't seem to have risen much, but antifreeze has doubled recently. Is ethylene glycol made from oil? And it doesn't seem to matter what make or supplier I try, they all charge a fortune for the stuff suddenly.

I guess anything that needs transporting eventually will go up in price, regardless of what it's made of.

Aw, com on guys!!! You know the government won't let that happen!! :lol:

They're just after the motorists that have to drive to work to pay for things that have to be transported!!!!!!! And...while we are paying for the things to be transported, the government are subsidising b#ms that can't be bothered to work with our taxes, rather than improving the roads and general public transport systems!!!

Grrrrrrrrr!!