Changing to Boosts from Steels

I have a chance at some Boosts for my 90 to replace the standard Steelies.

Does the speedo need recalibrating? Does the Factory fit diff ones depending on wheel choice?

Seems almost cheaper to but some second hand Boosts rather than new set of Boots... :blink:

On a side note, we have 3" of rain and flooding and the 90 is in garage having it's mot, :rolleyes:

Boosts with standard fit tyres (Grabbers) are larger diameter than standard Steels hence the question, just though there might be an easy solution, ie a gear in speedo drive to change, can't imagine factory has two sets of speedos, but then again...

Yes new nuts too, shouldn't really use steel nuts on any alloy wheel.

235/85R16 are more or less the same as the standard 7.50R16 fit, so unless as GBMUD said it might have 205/80R16 fitted, the speedo drive will be OK, or if it isn't change it for one out of a 110.

As for nuts - shouldn't *ever* use steel nuts on a LR alloy wheel as they are completely different! The reverse can be done i.e. the alloy nuts on a steel wheel, as the alloy nuts have a chamfer on the inside to locate the wheel, but it looks hideous. It is OK with Land Rover though, because the Tdi Discoverys from the factory mostly had a steel spare wheel and used the same alloy wheel nuts when required.

you might actually find that running a 205/80 speedo drive gear with the 235/85's will make the speedo a good bit more accurate, as they tend to overread wildly as standard!

compare it with some GPS/Satnav type thing and see.

Yup i have 205s on at the moment and on the speedo at 65 on the gps it says 57 haha. Ah well im treating the old girl to a revamp next week and got some cheap freestyle alloys with 235 bf A/Ts on so thatll make the speedo more realistic.