Fancy an almost virgin site?

Hi Paul,

This is the right Simon (c329) hope to see you sunday,any chance of some directions ?

Simon

Simon,,

Location details - Dial Post Farm TQ 19868 36671

Map link can be found on 'fancy a virgin site' thread. Tried to copy it but failed.

Hope this helps

Peter

List to date:

Graham Antill

Adrian Turner

Pete Silvester

Chris Lever

Tim Cane

Dave Connaway

Mike Hammond

Graham

Simon

Jennie Reynolds

Luke Fail

Jason Funge

Jim Marsden

Peter King

John Boyd

Jane Jarman

Ian Saltmarsh

Phil Haines

Pete Turner

Ian Patterson

Adam ?

Bob Baker

Paul Ruddick

Rob Seigwick

Steve Deacon

Neil

Scott Cass

Lee Argyle

Sam Raworth

There will probably be 15 more but some people appear to be unable

to remember their name and as for finding where the reg number is

written on their vehicle............ not a clue! freak3.gif

Guest Fingers Mclean
Sunday 19th February at Rusper.

£27 cash on the gate.

9.30am start, 3.30pm finish.

Same booking format as before, if you know anyone else who would be interested tell them to get in contact with me.

If we can get the numbers up we can have the site to ourselves! Keeps the pikies and nutters out!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, marked routes, site map, convoys, mini winch challenge etc.

The organisers want to have a brief chat with everyone this time hence the earlier start.

Bathtub Pete IS invited regardless of tyre size! Mouse-01-june.gif

May be up for that <_<

Great stuff - Another fun day at Rusper - much wetter than last time, which was good - as get to know the limits of your tyres, and winches. Even had lots of water in the Gullies.

I'd just like say. thanks to Nick for setting out the punch's yesterday, and being on hand. Steve and Iain had a lot of fun trying to get the more difficult ones. Whilst if my winch had not sheared on its mount casing, I would of got more, instead of being relegated to anchor vehicle for Steve in his 110.

Ian and Steve both run with Warn 9.5 winches, which certainly seem suited to these conditions.

Heard that some people who turned up in vehicles with A/T tyres on had fun trying to get grip.

Other people that we spoke who hadn't gone last time said they really enjoyed ths site.

Thanks to Paul for organising names again.

Had to push through the crowd at the gate at end of the day (sorry all), as had 90 minutes to get to the other side of maidstone. Heard later others waited well over an hour to get their wheels cleaned, before they were allowed off site !! - was told earlier in the day, that we needed to pay £2 on top of entry fee or so to have your wheels cleaned on exit or use a stick. Only other downside was the excellent 100% scotch beefburgers offered last time, weren't being sold this time as they cost 80p each apparently - or so the owner informed me, which is a shame as they were really tasty.

Cheers,

Peter - Kent LRC.

thanks to all for being patient on exit.

Has every one gone off Bacon?

would be very interested in seeing some pic's

as did not realy get time to watch you all.

Stay tuned as hope to be posting some good news soon

would llike to hear any positive sugestions for improvement

Like finding fully kitted burger van.......with Bacon...

Lawrence & Bob

We had a great day, came up from the Isle of Wight and it was well worth the journey - thanks to Paul and '28x4'.

Burger vans a great idea, whether or not you could physically get one on or off site is another matter...........

Is there a date planned for March??

Regards

Lee

thanks to all for being patient on exit.

Has every one gone off Bacon?

would be very interested in seeing some pic's

as did not realy get time to watch you all.

Stay tuned as hope to be posting some good news soon

would llike to hear any positive sugestions for improvement

Like finding fully kitted burger van.......with Bacon...

Lawrence & Bob

Now if you also had eggs and a frying pan then you could sell me more bacon and egg sarnies than you could throw a gas barby at...................................

Hope your jet wash operator recovers from his bout of pneumonia, suggest trainers might not be the best attire........................

Paul, it was sooooooooooooooooooo good doing the punches please can we have some again next time, I might in a few years have enough practice to get somewhere near the top in a comp!

Thanks to everyone for a good day.

P.S. - Must get some of those lookalikey Simex that Mike and Nick are using.

It rained all day!

Last month was wet under tyre which made it a bit slippery, this month was wet down the back of the neck which made it even more slippery!

Nick and I put out 30 punches, some easier ones to go with the tougher ones this time but I was unable to talk to many of those who had went for the punches at the end of the day as I was collecting them. Anyone get all the punches?

We had a play in one of the gullies in the afternoon.

Gully1.jpg

Gully2.jpg

Gully3.jpg

Gully4.jpg

Gully5.jpg

Gully6.jpg

The tyre washing did not go too well but it is a learning curve and will be improved next month. On the food front Lawrence (the man in charge) feels a burger van may be a better source of nourishment, anyone know of one? Getting it into the site may prove tricky!

Anyway I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and if there are any constructive comments let me know.

Cheers for last Sunday. Course generally good - apart from too many trees in places. Perhaps I'll bring a chainsaw next time!

Will recommend to some Storrington 4x4 clan I know.

Quattroguy will ride again! :lol:

You don't need a chainsaw, we used a higtlift jack at ground level to push the trees apart - worked a treat. :)

You don't need a chainsaw, we used a higtlift jack at ground level to push the trees apart - worked a treat. :)

Now now boys that jokes not even funny, you know that trees are not allowed to be destoyed or damaged. Anyone wanting to do this would not be allowed on site and you know that didnt happen you wouldnt want us to be shut down would you?

NB NO CHAINSAWS OR AXES ALLOWED ON SITE