Fancy an almost virgin site?

Sunday 19th February at Rusper.

£27 cash on the gate.

9.30am start, 3.30pm finish.

Same booking format as before, if you know anyone else who would be interested tell them to get in contact with me.

If we can get the numbers up we can have the site to ourselves! Keeps the pikies and nutters out!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, marked routes, site map, convoys, mini winch challenge etc.

The organisers want to have a brief chat with everyone this time hence the earlier start.

Bathtub Pete IS invited regardless of tyre size! Mouse-01-june.gif

Paul can i run my class one on dumpers? those valley,s are a a**s to get out of when wet, even with 35'' simex etc. <_<

My Muddler's weight is a lot less than a l/rover. it's not a problem if it's a NO, i;ll run it on someting else,

Not a bad site, had a good day, got to know the trees realy well. :lol::lol::lol:

Put me down for next month and pete silvester, chris lever, both have no reg, and nor will i, all on trailers.

only problem i can see is the field being cut up. I would recommend a second fence and gates. as when we left BOTH gates where left OPEN. And the owners could hard core the access field, this would stop the ruts

getting wider into the field. :angry:

Only problem in the site will be people on Road/AT tyres getting bored, as there is not a lot to do if you cant get out of the valley's, (or cant get in the site).

But i think it's dam good to have another site open, you've got my surport/help if needed.

Paul,

Are they limiting numbers this time too ?

Suggestions:

I would be interested to see a non competitive 'punch challenge' in the JBS style. As the level of skill ranged from easy to very tough, and its up to the individual to judge what he can and can't do, depending on any techniques learned from the easier ones.

Did find that for those who have never done a winch or punch safari its a great taster. And from our point of view encourages friends to decide what to buy for their vehicles come the show season. Or from their local 4x4 accessories shop.

Someone selling a selection of basic spares, that this sort of site might warrant. Surprised no one does this already - captive audience and all that.

Some more rain to make it a bit more slippery - no only joking. BTW Is the pond deep ? or did I imagine one....

Perhaps some onsite training would be helpful, for anyone whose fitted a winch, and would like to know how to use it better / safer (gee is it only me :rolleyes: ). Okay, so assuming the winch works.

Will definitely be telling the other clubs, about this place.

Cheers

Peter

Kent LRC.

Had an absolutely wonderful day driving around on the site!! Glad we invested in some mud tyres!! Would recommend sticking in groups with at least one winch between you though - cheers Tom!!!

The best thing about the site is that there are no 'official' marked routes so anyone can spend the day rooting around in the trees finding easy or hard bits as they feel appropriate for their skill level/vehicle capability! This gives valuable experience to the more novice amongst us!! Restricting the site to marked routes/tracks would take a lot of the enjoyment out of the day! :(

A range of punch safaris would be an excellent idea and we'd be up for a bit of that next time!

As White90 has said though, it's the same weekend as the Wales trip :( , so maybe next time! B)

I had a brilliant day!

It was nice to go to a site as a regular punter and have no responsibility for anything other than ourselves. The ground was slippy as hell and I've rarely had to do so much winching in one day.

I feel a bit guilty for encouraging JamesM in his previously straight :o Range Rover to drive round with us - but it's good experience. Hopefully he won't hold it against me for too long!

Did anyone else test the depth of the mud in the bottom of that gulley / stream bed. I was going to drive in to this puddle but first Steve G tested it with a long stick - and it just went down and down - several feet down! Winched round it instead. Thanks Steve + Howard for rigging my winch lines in that gulley - much appreciated!

The chaps making burgers should carry on after 2pm. At about 12:30, we were heading for a burger - via the gulley - and it was all closed up by the time we got there :( .

If there is a next one after Feb (same day as Forum trip) - I'll be there!

Si

Sunday 19th February at Rusper.

£27 cash on the gate.

9.30am start, 3.30pm finish.

Same booking format as before, if you know anyone else who would be interested tell them to get in contact with me.

If we can get the numbers up we can have the site to ourselves! Keeps the pikies and nutters out!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, marked routes, site map, convoys, mini winch challenge etc.

The organisers want to have a brief chat with everyone this time hence the earlier start.

Bathtub Pete IS invited regardless of tyre size! Mouse-01-june.gif

Put my name on the list please Paul, hopefully my winch monkey will be available this time. What with driving and winching I was pretty well tuckered on Sunday night. This time I will have a better idea of where to go and what to miss! BTW the 3 cwt of leaf mould I collected on the nas should be good for the tomatoes.

Do the Chichester boys know the Feb date?

Let us know on the day when and where you are setting punches, realised too late last Sunday what you were doing doh!

I feel a bit guilty for encouraging JamesM in his previously straight :o Range Rover to drive round with us - but it's good experience. Hopefully he won't hold it against me for too long!
Not bothered in the slightest - good fun. I'd already bent that door on a tree earlier in the day, and after a good kicking it looked as good as new :D (Actually, I treated myself to a nice shot filled hammer on the way home - I'd had my eye on one for a while).

Where did you disappear to on the way back from the site, btw? You were behind me one minute, and the next I was waving goodbye to the guy in the green Td5 - who is probably still wondering if I was someone he knew :lol:

In answer to questions:

Adrian, best keep to road legal tyres and then you can’t be accused of damage or cheating!

The field access is a problem and there are plans to address the problem but the costs are high.

At the moment we will have to advise no road tyres while the ground is wet.

Peter, there is no limit on numbers, in fact the organisers would like to see more!

A JBS style punch challenge takes a lot of setting out but I can put out more punches and include easier ones but it would be a ‘go find’ affair as producing a map or giving co-ordinates is too time consuming. The idea of the punches last time was to provide a real challenge for those who wanted it and entertainment for others!

The pond is deep.

On site winch operation guidance can be given, if I’m busy or can’t be bothered(!) there are others with experience, ask me or someone who looks like they should know what they are doing! If there is enough interest I could do a ½ hour session with a group?

If you went last time there is no need to email me, just post on here or PM me.

If you didn’t go last time I need name and reg, on here, PM or email paul@blackpig.org.

The guest list looks like this at the moment.

Graham Antill

Adrian Turner

Pete Silvester

Chris Lever

Tim Cane

Dave Connaway

• 2 weeks later...

Present guest list:

Graham Antill

Adrian Turner

Pete Silvester

Chris Lever

Tim Cane

Dave Connaway

Mike Hammond

Graham

Simon

Jennie Reynolds

Luke Fail

Jason Funge

Jim Marsden

Peter King

Pete Bathtub has not shown an interest as yet!

If your not on the list and want to come please let me know, PM or email paul@blackpig.org

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few more names to add to the list:-

Graham Antill

Adrian Turner

Pete Silvester

Chris Lever

Tim Cane

Dave Connaway

Mike Hammond

Graham

Simon

Jennie Reynolds

Luke Fail

Jason Funge

Jim Marsden

Peter King

John Boyd

Jane Jarman

Ian Saltmarsh

Phil Haines

Pete Turner

Ian Patterson

Adam ?

Bob ?

Paul Ruddick

Due to popular demand I will be running a Punch Safari on the 19th.

Last time we had 10 punches aimed at your average nutter! This time I will put a little more effort into it with the assistance of the highest scorer on the Mike Wolff Trophy, probably 30 punches ranging from easy (to get but not necessarily easy to find) through medium to just plain stupid!

This is not a competition, just adds a purpose to the day for those who say there is nothing to do.

If things go to plan it will start at 11am from the tea tent area through to 3pm when we shall see who got the most punches, no scoring or trophies.

If anyone knows of anyone else who would like to come they are more than welcome as there is no limit on numbers this time, just let me know names and reg's.