Double cab conversion

Guest mr_wuffles

Guest mr_wuffles

What parts do you need to convert a hardtop into a Double cab? I know there's a crossmember like on the CSW missing from the chassis.

I was thinking

Sills

B-posts

Rear tub (can you use one off a SW?)

rear doors

roof

????

:)

Guest mr_wuffles
The roof is hugely expensive - can't be had for less than £400 - buggers like me are always after them to convert 90s to twincabs!

You'd think someone would make a fibreglass copy or something?

Will Warne was looking into fibreglass roofs, perhaps he'll be along presently to update us on his progress.

Mo

Si and are still looking into it, it'll probably happen at some point but, at the moment, I've got too many other jobs. The other issue is getting a good donor roof; a decent one will cost you £500+ unless your lucky.

Can't help thinking that one of these days all those 'double cab' owners are going to be enquiring about how to convert thier vehicles into 110 station wagons which are much more practical.

Log

We have a nice man that used to make cannoes getting ready to do something with his jellycoat or something

the plan is a king cab, sort of cab and a half, same rear profile as a truck cab - just a bit longerised so theres plenty of space for sarnies, bickies and stuff :blink: not sure if thats gonna be the kinda thing you guys are looking for but for the bus its going on (TR3 110) it gives a good balance between cab space and load space

Station wagons are like so last season :lol:

We have a nice man that used to make cannoes getting ready to do something with his jellycoat or something

the plan is a king cab, sort of cab and a half, same rear profile as a truck cab - just a bit longerised so theres plenty of space for sarnies, bickies and stuff :blink: not sure if thats gonna be the kinda thing you guys are looking for but for the bus its going on (TR3 110) it gives a good balance between cab space and load space

Station wagons are like so last season :lol:

Jez, how long is it going to be? 12" over a truckcab was what I was looking at. Are you using the roof profile of the double cab?

Log, pretty much every roof that comes up is when people do that conversion....

I have always thought a king cab better than a double cab. Great to be able to chuck all your carp behind the seats and find a mouldy old coat at the bottom when you finally clean it out.

I am Defenderless at the moment but if they are the right money I would be interested in one to keep for the future.

We've got one in build, moulds will be taken from it and a fibreglass roof produced, we should also be able to produce rear section in glass as well, fingers crossed it should be done for just after b'ling

Are you planning to use a full fibre roof with no steel or alloy inserts...? Is the gutter all part of the design, or is it going to be bonded to another part...??

Cheers

Peter