90/110 PAS adjustment

b101uk

Not having had a land rover with PAS (I hate PAS) I am looking at getting an early td5 90 :rolleyes:

Anyone know if its possible to reduce the pressure that the pump supplies to the steering box in order to stiffen up the steering to give it more feel rather than the sensation-less girly overly light steering that 200/300tdi & td5’s are afflicted with? :o

To be honest, I don't any Defender is going to have what I would call 'light' steering....

I know compared to other cars I've owned (Ford Focus and Vauxhal Corsa) it's still pretty heavy despite the PAS :lol:

Hahahaha :lol: I know exactly why b101uk finds defender steering light. welcome over to the darkside sir!! :lol: another Mr Bullmans arbtalkers here!

Well I had up until Nov last year been a land rover 90 owner since 1991, the Non PSA 90/110 land rovers I consider “just right” so I wont my PAS to have the same responsive feeling as NON PAS boxes.

The resion I hate PAS is it is seldom done correctly so isolates the driver from the road to much just as a steering damper dose, have driven enough LR products over the years to know that they are overly light for fast road driving or for technical off road driving.

Also I was thinking halving the pressure would also reduce the HP requirement that the PAS needs giving better fuel economy & because the pressure is reduced then flow at the lower pressure would increase at the same given rpm.

Hi Matt :)