Seat box question 300/200 tdi 90

Ok i would like to know the differences between the 200 and the 300 tdi seat boxes.

i can get a new 300 tdi seatbox for not a lot would it fit my 200tdi?

is the only difference the gearbox aperture? (big word!)

could i just graft on the aperture from the 200 seatbox to make it fit?

help please.

I think it's to do with the tunnel for the bell housing. I am sure they are bigger on a 300Tdi version (fitted with R380 rather than LT77 for 200Tdi)

HTH

Ivan

tunnel is deifferent but i beleive you can put a 300 on a 200 (not the other way though) you will need the tunnel and tunnel to bulkhead bit that connects the lot though aswell.

A slightly different area, but still with seat boxes - are the battery recesses under the passenger seat different??

My 200 has a deeper recess in the bottom, whereas my 300 is flat... Is this normal?? Or has mine ben replaced/repaired at some point??

tunnel is deifferent but i beleive you can put a 300 on a 200 (not the other way though) you will need the tunnel and tunnel to bulkhead bit that connects the lot though aswell.

will this all fit with a lt77?

i am half way through putting a 300tdi engine, zf 4 speed gearbox and the transer box out of a disco into a 1986 landy 90!

i had never noticed the difference in the seatbox untill i could not get a bolt in the right hole! lol! but after a lot of cursing decided to make the 2.5 nad seat box fit! :D

When my dads first Defender 90 was sort of rebuilt we used a 300Tdi seat box and tunnel and it fitted fine. Oh it was a C reg 2.5D with LT77, was brown on the inside, green on the outside with blue rear window panels and white roof and back door. We still dont know why it was chrisend Patch.

Mark

• 3 years later...

i know this is an old thread but a google search has brought me here,if i fit a 300tdi/td5 full seat box sound deadening trim on my 200tdi/lt77 there would be a gap left round the gearbox tunnel ? but otherwise would fit?

if so how much of a gap would it leave?