Alternator Heat Shield Query

MudAllOverIt

I've just bought a 100A AMR5425 Magneti Mirelli (Denso) alternator to replace the factory-fitted 65A AMR4249 Magneti Mirelli on our 300Tdi D90.

The original 65 A alternator used a heatshield with a three-stud fixing whereas the reaplacement uses a 4-stud fixing for the heatshield.

Does anyone know what he LR part numbers are for (1) the 4-stud heat shield and (2) the mounting pillars for the AMR5425 alternator?

The 100A alternator is about an inch or so deeper than the 65A one so it's back cover will be closer to the manifold and don't want to risk it without the heat shield.

Cheers,

Don't bother with it, my 200Tdi has the same alternator fitted without the heatshield & it's never caused me or the 110 any problems.

Good to know. Was a bit concerned that on the 300Tdi the back of the alternator will end up about two/three inches from the downpipe. But looking at it the wire I ran to the W terminal on the old alternator hasn't come to any harm so far.

bralt.jpg

The weird thing is the simplest of web searches turns up multiple hits which give me the part number and a host of on-line retailers who do the (3 stud) heatshield (can get that for 6 quid on-line!!) and pillars for the original 65A alternator fitted to 300Tdi Defenders but I've not been able to any part number references or on-line retailers for the (4 stud) heatshield for the 100A alternator fitted to 300Tdi Discos although it's mentioned in a couple of places.

Got to get some small stuff from our local main dealer this week anyway and will ask if they list it but even if they do I suspect prices will be silly.

If I can't find anything I'll just get some standoffs and knock something up to use the old heatshield.

Cheers,