Door Seals

Brian S

Hi. I noticed today that my rear offside door seal has perished and has let in some muddy water after my Bures day out last weekend. Has anyone had to buy them from the dealers? if so are they expensive? I am gong to look at a local Disco being broken tommorow and I dont want to spend £10 on a set when they may only be £15 new.

I would check with the dealers but they were all closed when I found out and I want to sole the problem and clean and dry my carpet this weekend.

Thanks. :)

I have no idea if there expensive or not but they dont seal that good when they get old,do what i did and make a small split high up say door handle hieght and pump some silicon inside them,never has let any water in again and its seen some serious abuse.

I have no idea if there expensive or not but they dont seal that good when they get old,do what i did and make a small split high up say door handle hieght and pump some silicon inside them,never has let any water in again and its seen some serious abuse.

Both the offside seals have go spits and especially the rear one would not hold silicon. If I can get a cheap second hand set that is not split I will give that a try, sound a great idea.

what type of disco do u have? <_< Anyway have look at this link http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/land-ro...y/discoveryindx

I have am M Reg 3.9 V8 Auto

That link is great thanks.. :) $42 for a non OEM full set aint to bad. I dont have a big budget for this motor, its just a toy really so if I can get a reasonable Offside pair for a fiver I will try the trick above.

Cheers.

Well I found someone local to me breaking a disco and picked up a few bargains.

3 x door seals

full rubber mat set including boot (Drivers one has small hole all others mint)

drivers door outer window sill (Mine was lumpy with rust I think)

Rear load cover

All for £30 :)

I also did a deal for a set of ES alloys with almost new tyres. I can swop them for mine, sort out my current best one to use as a spare and have a few spares in the garden. :D

I'm well happy.

Well I have filled one of my replacement door seals with silion (Nearly a whole tube on one seal) and once it is dry I will fit it and let you know if it goes ok. I am a bit worried if the door will shut properly, but if it does it should mean a great seal with less road noise and dry feet when up do the doors in water.

Yeah all i did was to make a small hole about level with the window on the seal both near the handle and the hinge and pumped it round,put the tube of silicon on top of a rad indoors first to make it a little more workable(and make sure the rad is hot/warm) push the nozzel in the small split and pump away,i think it used about 75% of a tube to a door but boy does it work.Try to leave ithe door open or just on the latch as not to crush it flat before setting