Anderson Plugs

disco_al

When i (eventually) get round to fitting the split charge kit on my disco, i want to put an external plug on the front of the truck for jump starting without having to open the bonnet :)

Anderson plugs are the common ones, but which would be the best capacity to go for? I have been looking at 175 amp ones as a starting (sic) point.

Obviously, waterproof connectors and covers would be needed.

For self jump starting, i will be fitting one of the red handled battery cut off switches, probably inside the cab somewhere.

I use 175 amp, a pair to isolate the winch at the front with covers and an internal isolator switch to prevent unauthorized use.

If you have a front winch, you could use the same approach using the winch supply/earth to fit your jump leads.

Having a defender I also have 175 andersen connector on the nearside seat box for jump lead connection.

John

I've got a 175A Anderson bolted to the radiator panel and wired onto the +ve of the starter, -ve to the chassis.

Should be well enough protected from the elements up there.

One half of my X-Eng jump leads connect straight onto it, or I can connect both halfs of the leads together to give two sets of clamps. :)

• 2 weeks later...