Warning light has come on! But what does it mean :O

Driving back down to fraserburgh today and a warning light has come on its the bottem second from the right one it looks like a tank with a seperate lid,Anyone know what this means i have checked engine and Brake levels and there fine? No noises yet but the landrover did feel a wee big sluggish today. But that could have possably been due to the high winds blasting down on me :)

And to add to the replies above - entirely possible that road salt and moisture from road has found its way into the plug or wiring and that there is no water at all in the fuel. The plug for this sensor is brilliantly placed inside the rear wheel arch where it catches anything thrown up off the wheel and the sensor works from trying to pass a current through the diesel.

Thanks for the replys will check all that today. But if it is the sensor that is faulty is it still ok to drive on it till i get a new one? or would it be unadvisable to drive on it ?

:unsure: There is a Banjo Bolt you could use until you get the H2o sensor available. Like Ralph said do be careful to disconnect the wires before unplugging the sensor. Sensor costs around £22.00 I did that mistake and had to pay the price. Currently have a spare in garage. ;)

Little update well well once under teh landrover there seems to be a lot of mud around the filter then all of a sudden i see a connecter and it isnt plugged into anything :blink: so i clean that up and now the light has gone off on the dash. But a little problem there dosnt seem to be anywhere this plug should be plugged into :huh:

gallery_2_538_22429.jpg

A i see where it is soposed to go now, just need to get this sheild off now :)

EDIT: Taken off sheild to find out that there isnt a bottem wire so will this need a hole sensor unit i am guessing?

Well what i mean is there is nothign there at all at the bottem apart from the cap on the bottem of the filter.

the part in the orange box is the water sensor, it screws into the filter case in place of the white or black plastic ribbed nut on the bottom of the filter, then the wires/plug connect to it. the lateset LR part number I have for it is WKW00030

post-20-1229455718_thumb.jpg

if you carefully and yes really carefully remove the plastic 'cap', it houses the water sensor inside. once removed (and if you didn't break it) you will see 2 prongs inside, one in the middle and a shorter one next to it. when there is water in the filter, it will sink to the bottom and this 2 will contact the water and close the circuit. bingo, the light on the dash illuminates.

however, if you do not at least twist this sensor every few months, it can get melted stuck in the filter as it's plastic and when you need to have it off, you twist it and it breaks. i've bought one for about 30 pounds here in sg. so usually, if you're just driving on tarmac, i recomend that you fit just a plastic cap to the filter and only put the sensor back when going off road.