Windscreen protection bar

SVX90

Greetings all,

This is my first thread in this knowledgeable forum. I am installing windscreen protection bar to my new SVX90 hardtop. I think the vehicle looks much better with it.

My question is: is it only an external transformation, or are there internal parts involved?

Pictures would be very helpful.

Cheers

post-13573-1229702486_thumb.jpg

post-13573-1229702505_thumb.jpg

If you only add an external frame its as much use as a chocolate teapot - complete rubbish in a rollover.

You need to add braces for the front hoop down to the chassis outriggers and also an internal hoop with at least one diagonal brace and preferrably some rear stays too.

Tony's link is to a full roll cage. I don't think this is what SVX90 is after... and it's not the question being asked.

The second picture posted by SVX90 shows the external bar that (I beieve) is an option on the SVX. It is purely cosmetic and has no mountings to the chassis, only to the wings and roof. It will be there for looks/light shrubbery protection only and will not provide any support or protetion during a roll over.

Tornado Motorsport offer one HERE and it appears to mount to the top of the wings (at the bulkhead) and the roof (behind the doors/in front of the alpine windows). The pictures on the Tornado site are on the Roll Cages page, 6th link from the bottom of the list.