Entry for the Vapour Build (a shiny 200TDi)

gruntus

Hello Chaps,

Well its been a long time coming and I was finally ready to unveil my latest addition to the Vapour Build which was a bit of an anticlimax as I couldnt find it..... :D

Please find pics of my 200TDi (this feels so sad...I feel like a train spotter) its been fully rebuilt and as can be seen from the pictures I even fitted a heath robinson fuel supply to prime all the fuel lines.

Sexy Red with a hint of Silver (including the ladder frame) and a Black sump no less. It may not do anything for the V8 boys but it works for me :moglite:

I have left all the ancilaries off for now as they can all be done slow time as I want to get the next big item out of the way by June next year which is the bulkhead.

Simple you may say but I am going to swap all the item's to the new bulkhead first and ensure they fit properly before sending to the galvanizers as recommended from some forumeers.

Once thats done then I should be ready for the biggest purchase namely the galv chassis...............just dont tell the missus :D

I hope I didnt just commit to anything...... :P

Cheers and Merry Xmas!!!

G :)

post-1366-1230078501_thumb.jpg

post-1366-1230078517_thumb.jpg

post-1366-1230078528_thumb.jpg

post-1366-1230078539_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments I feel a little bit shy now! :blush:

Theres a little bit of smoke and mirrors in place though, you may not have noticed the bracket holding the jam jar full of diesel is a gate hinge and whats behind the camera is a very untidy garage! :D

Cheers

G :)

Whats with what looks like a spacer plate on the water pump mounting face in pic 1.

Hi Phil,

Its actually the timing chest cover but isnt shiny (or on tight) as I decided against painting it to leave a nice clean natural surface for the gaskets.

Cheers

Grant

Edited: Didnt see Les' reply sorry for the duplication....