Salvage squad

hattymender

The little hole found by the MOT man before Christmas got some attention today (her family turned up, so I decided I'd rather spend the day under a car welding :ph34r: ). But the 'little hole' is now as big as a badger set with no sign of 'honest metal', think my hammer's bigger than the MOT one. So she's for the scrap man :( .

What to salvage from a 1.8 Zetec for 'project V8'?

Coils and crank sensor? Start of megajolt project?

Battery? Could run auxiliaries via split charge?

Seat belts? Always needed 'cos Defender doors eat them.

Relays? Intermittent wipers?

Door lock solenoids?

Speakers?

Alternator? They can be adapted for V belt?

Suggestions?

Coils and crank sensor? Start of megajolt project?

Battery? Could run auxiliaries via split charge?

Relays? Intermittent wipers?

Speakers?

Alternator? They can be adapted for V belt?

Yep, ignition parts should be kept, as should the battery (always handy to keep charged for jump starting purposes). Relays, fuses, wire etc are handy, speakers are useless (when, they are in my S1 or wife's Fiat 500!). Alternator, starter motor, tyres, wheels etc could be sold on if not needed for LR use.

Relays, fuses, coil pack, mount, & connector, HT leads, VR sensor, EDIS-4 unit if it has one (no use for a V8 but you may well be able to flog it to someone doing an MS/MJ project on a 4-pot), injectors if it has 'em, idle control valve if it has one that's usable, alternator, lambda sensor, cooling fans, battery, seats if you've got a use for 'em, carpets can be handy for the workshop floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Ignition, door and fuel filler locks are worth salvaging as older Ford's being ford's often get targeted by opportunist filth/scumbag thives for the 50pence left in the glove box- and if memory serves me correctly the locking key barrel assemblies wear badly so you wont have a problem selling them.

The gearlever with its fittings are also notorious for wear and sloppy seconds' and have a value

Keep the washer bottle because ford ones normally have a pump mounted to the bottom of them and they're dead handy for MOT problems or project builds.

My mate in Devon could probably do with your engine too, but it's a long way for him to push his wheelbarrow! :lol: